Quarantine of Chinese City

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by m1k3jobs, Jul 23, 2014.

1. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Stock up ammo in China? :confused:

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I remember reading that "the plague" is found in various areas, including the US.

But I think I typed on my FB that with the cognitive reasoning the Chinese military has, that city is probably going to get wiped out.

4. 47MartialMan

Think of it this way;

If it is a very impoverished area, less chances of getting medical attention

5. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

pro tip:

Attached Files:

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If the Ebola outbreak continues long enough to mutate and get airbourne with its 90% fatality rate there will be nobody left to become zombies anyway.

I'm off to live on Rockall until it's all over.

Mitch

7. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

Start watching doomsday preppers, that's what I do. I figure out how to break into he bunkers for fun but now I guess I'll take notes and write down their locations too! Much cheaper than buying a bunker.

8. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Lol i Tivo that show. They're nuts. Will you be making an appearance at some point on it? :D I watched one were a couple made a fort out of shipping containers lol

Baza

9. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Oh no. I had no idea folks on your side of the pond were aware of that show. Now you must really think all Americans are nuts. Not all of us are, but I know some people who could almost be on that show.

I have to admit I like it, and sometimes it is really interesting.

10. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

It works both ways, I have a much deeper understanding of British culture since I started watching Almost Royal on BBC America.

The royal family, an 800 year experiment on why cousins shouldn't marry cousins. I have now have a better understanding of that expression.

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

How do you pronounce KA-BAR?

Kay-bar?
    Kah-bar?
    Kabar?

12. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Kay (K long a)
    Bar (as in an american pub)

Ka Bar, the official knife of the US Marine Corps.

13. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

That's basically what we get issued as a bayonet now. Just a Ka Bar with a ring on it to attach to the rifle. We pretty much put them all in a box on deployment so they wouldn't get lost.

Leatherman's, a utility tool, should be the official knife/tool of the Marine Corps now. :p

14. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

15. 47MartialMan

I guess the first/best course of action was quarantine

16. Mushroom

Ah man. And here I was thinking itll turn into another China ghost town.

17. 47MartialMan

China has ghost towns?

18. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

There's plague outbreaks every few years in Colorado. Prairie dogs are carriers and fleas can transmit to humans. It can't be passed directly from human to human. It's not that big of a deal. Quarantining a city over it is insane.

19. Mushroom

20. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

That is an hour south of me or so. It's not the ghost town it once was. Kunming Universities have opened branches down there and a lot of the rich folk in Yunnan have moved down there as well.