punching bags...

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by gutshot, Aug 14, 2003.

1. gutshot

gutshot New Member

what should i fill a punching bag with?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Old clothes cut into strips works well.

3. gutshot

gutshot New Member

damnit.. why do i give old stuff to charity... damnit

4. gutshot

gutshot New Member

are water filled bags any good?

5. YODA

No - they leak!

Well - every one that I've used has!

6. gutshot

gutshot New Member

how about sand?

im pretty ****ing ****ed off that i just gave away a ton of old clothing... enough for at least two bags

also ixnay on the waterbag. I was thinking of a thai bag and i cant find waterbags in thai style

7. YODA

Sand is too heavy - waaaay too heavy.

8. gutshot

gutshot New Member

well uh.. not the new sand-lite...

but hmm i'm gonna have trouble filling a bag, unless i can find a place within the EU that i can order from, cause i cant order an already filled bag from the us.

Any ideas? oh and thanks yoda, you're helpful

9. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

10. gutshot

gutshot New Member

uk... hmm i wonder if they ship filled bags to the rest of europe...

11. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

there are no sporting goods stores in driving distance?

you could use rice or dried beans maybe? then if you fall on hard times you can eat your equipment. LOL

12. gutshot

gutshot New Member

well theres this one giant store from a chain of sporting goods stores but they sell ****ty equipment and i was hoping on getting a thai bag. there is a marshall arts store i know but they have crappy canvas bags and those dont hold up too well, and they look bad quality too...

13. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

most martial arts school have a catalog or two that they order their equipment through. You can have them order one for you providing you find what you're looking for.

14. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

best thing to do is get like little kis sand box sand from like a toys r us or something...

15. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

I have a couple of Century Powerline TidalWave bags, they've been hanging in the school for 3 years and taken a LOT of abuse, being hit not just with fists and feet but all sorts of weapons.

So long as they are kept upright they don't leak (mine anyway)

I like them as they are fairly soft and easier on the hands, which is good when you got kids hitting them.

You might be able to find a place that sells bags of rags (old torn up clothes)

16. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

just go to like a salvation army or something..
    haha

17. gutshot

gutshot New Member

well actually thats where i buy most of my clothing...
    ..no really

but i could do that, the really crappy looking stuff sells for really cheap in madrid where i live... but still, that isnt thaaat cheap cause you need a lot of old clothes to fill a bag and i wanna get a thai bag.. so thats even more old stuff that i'll need..

18. gutshot

gutshot New Member

i could be a real ******* and steal clothes from the old clothing collection box near this mall by my house... the clothes are usually lying in bags in the parking lot.. hmmm

19. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Now I know what to do with my old clothes that are too crummy even to donate to the poor -- I'll save them for rags to fill a punching bag! I learned something here today.

gutshot, why not let your neighbors know of your need for ragbag-status old clothes -- maybe they have some stuff they can give you (people with large families may have a good supply of ready-for-the-trash baby clothes).

20. gutshot

gutshot New Member

hmm im good friends with 2 of my neighbors... but i live in this insanely rich neighborhood, i always felt i was really well off and that my parents are loaded but eh.. i ****ing live on the tinyest house on my street.. and this is the biggest house ive ever lived in... the thing with these rich people is that well.. they arent very sociable the only 2 of my neighbors i know actually own the house i live in, so thats how i know them.. theyre spanish nobility or some **** like that... they might have some rags though... but here what tons of people do is give their old clothes away to their cleaning ladies who all come from south america.. they take the clothes with them when they go on vacation each year to give to their families.. so most people dont have too many old clothes lying around...

damn rich people.....

i think im just gonna end up going to a humana people for people store(same idea as the salvation army) and i'll buy the biggest things i can find that look really ugly, and lots of ugly stuff like that cause that should be very cheap, maybe i can find some place that sells really cheap blankets and ****, cause that would be good to fill the bags

hmmm i just had a stroke of genius i think... this would probably make for a fairly hard bag but i could cut up old newspapers and magazines, i know i have lots of those, paper shreds could be good filler, i could mix paper shreds with a little bit of torn up rags to make it a little softer maybe....
    anyone think this would work?
    also.. even though my neighbors are kinda reclusive rich jerks i can probably ask friends at school for whatever old rags they might be about to part with that they could give me....

hmm i could by some cheap towels at one of those little chinese sell everything stores they have all over the city im sitting here at work bored and pondering what to fill a punching bag with... hmm