Pukulan Pencak Silat Bukti Negara

Discussion in 'Silat' started by taoizt, Jun 20, 2013.

1. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

A recent video of this style in Breda, the Netherlands:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOiLaWooVk"]Pukulan Pencak Silat Bukti Negara - YouTube[/ame]

2. Rebo Paing

Rebo Paing Pigs and fishes ...

Nice. But I wonder if the proponents know that Bukti (pronounced book-tea) means proof. So Bukti Negara means 'Proof of Country', which is kind of strange.

What I think they're meaning is Bakti (pronounced buck-tea) ... containing meanings of sacrifice, service, honour and love of nation/country. Bakti Negara is a Balinese style, that it uses pukulan in the name indicates some cross over with West Javanese influence maybe.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  3. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

Uncle Paul de Thouars translates Bukti Negara as 'evidence to a continent', in a wider sense that would mean to pay respect to the country (USA) that helped him on his way to develop himself as a martial artist and as a person.

So no, they are not meaning Bakti Negara, which is by the way a very different style. Bukti Negara is developed by Uncle Paul in America from components of Serak.

That's the story i heard him tell :)

4. Tuankaki

Tuankaki Valued Member

The name describes it as "evidence of the continent" of Sera(k), as it is comprised from motions from Pukulan Sera(k), the art that Uncle Paul learned in the Netherlands in the '50's. According to him, Sera(k) was not supposed to be taught commercially so he created Bukti Negara for that purpose.