Proven History of Christianity

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Moi, Apr 2, 2011.

1. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

Yes, my mistake.
    I'm not saying it's cheating; what you're doing is what historians and biblical scholars do all the time. Your explanations may well explain the origin of some of the stories in the Bible, but since they depart from actual Biblical narative, they can't speak to the possibility of actual Biblical narative, which is what you originally said you were trying to do.

But I don't think that really is what you're trying to do. What it looks like you're trying to do is provide scenarios in which possible things may have become the roots of stories of the impossible. And that's fine, right up to the point that you start claiming these scenarios can address the possibility of the actual words in the Bible (which, whether you menat to or not, you did). They can't do that, because they dispute the actual words of the Bible at the outset.
    No it isn't. But I'm glad you're saying it now so we can move on.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

^^^ Repeat: That's not a beginner's mind. That's the mind of someone who thinks he already knows it all, and who has an axe to grind.

Can't answer questions for someone who thinks he already knows it all.

3. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

So what you're telling me is Christianity is only for the naive running around with their eyes wide shut? Okay Mac whatever :rolleyes:

4. OwlMAtt

Wolfie, people would be a lot less rude to you if you would stop rolling your figurative eyes, putting words in people's mouths, and declaring victories for yourself. You accuse Mac of insults and snide remarks, but your tone in this thread has been as snide and insulting as anyone's. I have done my best to avoid sinking to Mac's level, but everything you are getting from Mac you have earned in full.

5. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Right so is there a point to this any more? Because I'm still not seeing any answers here. Just a lot of bitching.

6. OwlMAtt

Indeed. And you are leading the pack.

As I see it, the last three days of discussion in this thread have mostly been Mac and I misunderstanding a badly-articulated point of yours. So unless someone has something to say that actually applies to the topic of the thread, I'm going to let it die.