Proper Breathing

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kaith Rustaz, May 20, 2007.

1. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Probably, in addition to rapid breathing, like hyper ventilation, but it is kind of dangerous to do, IMO. But, making it hard to breath is actually cutting off oxygen to the muscles, making it difficult to get oxygenated blood to the muscles you are trying to work out. I don't really know, but it sounds plausible to make it hard to breathe to work them out, but to what real benefit?

2. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Here did not feel like typing it all again but here this may clear a few things up.

3. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I didn't mean suffocatingly hard to breath :rolleyes:

4. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Yeah I knew you meant like restricting the movement of the chest in order to strengthen the breathing capacity. It is still dangerous to do as well. I knew you didn't mean suffocating. When you restrict the muscle movement you restrict the blood flow as well, it is a double edge sword trying to work those muscles.

Just breathing properly is better in all cases.

5. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

No that's not what I meant at all. As I previously mention some athletes use a tube with a fan attached that makes it harder to breath. Meaning they need to work harder for every breath.

6. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Oh, I see that might work.