Profiles...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dragon Man, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

Hey guys! I think everyone should like put their profiles on this thread so everyone gets to know each other better. Put things like where your from, hobbies, the martial arts you study, age, favorite music, what you look like, etc. Kinda' like the profiles of people that they say when you look'em up...Just this one is more detailed.

I guess I'll be the first to do this...

Alright guys. My name is Tom. I'm 16 years old and I live in Alaska of the USA. I'm about 5'8" with a better than average build. I have blue eyes and dirty blond hair that's spiked backwards. I have a job at Taco Bell, that I love...Mainly for the great free food!!! (And my friends there are cool too.) I like martial arts, music, skateboardin', drawin', eatin', sleepin', and flirtin' with the females of my species...:D Oh, and my favorite movie is Tommyboy!!! Right now the styles of martial arts I'm studyin' are Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido. But when I fight I use karate 'cuz I used to be in karate and it comes naturally. I have two trainin' partners. Who are Spirit Reaper and Loren- who isn't on this site...Yet. I find that the most annoyin' thing in the world is anyone who tries to **** me off on purpose. Believe me, it works. And believe me, you won't like me ****ed off!!!

So, that's about it for me...Any more questions?
    So post your profiles people!!!

Is there anyone on??? Come on people! Don't be shy and post!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2003
  2. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

My name is Ian. I'm 15 years old and i live in Alaska of the USA (i train with Dragon Man) I'm about 5'8 with an average build. I got brown long curly hair and brown eyes. I have no job....but thats ok. I love martial arts, music is definatly a must have for me. My life is centered around music. I also like drawing, and flirting with dem females...hehe......and yeah Dragon Man is my buddy we train together, and i would consider myself to be a beginner to martial arts.

I'm in love with the Wing Chun style, because of its simplicity and its directness. Its more of a complete system then some other ones.....and just suits me better. If there are any other peoples that like Wing Chun, talk to me!!! Or any other people AT ALL!!!

Hope to hear from.......somebody.....

REMEMBER

Don't :woo: :Alien:

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hey guys - that's what your PROFILE is for :D

4. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

I know. This was meant to be more in depth. And also to get more people involved...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2003
  5. Jonny Chee

Jonny Chee Valued Member

Hello. My real name is Mark, I am 24 and I study Wing Chun. I come from Nuneaton, a smallish town near Coventry. I am totally in love with the Wing Chun system! I practice three times a week and also have private tuition from my instructor (who is a student of Samuel Kwok). I use every opportunity I can to train!
    I am 6ft 2inches tall and weigh around 12 and a half stone. I have light brown short hair and blue eyes. I also enjoy lifting weights three to four times a week.
    Away from martial arts I play drums and sing in an original band that gigs frequently around the UK, from clubs to universities. We have record label interest from Mercury Records. We are compared to Radiohead and Jeff Buckley.
    I also have a wonderful two and a half year old son called Jordan. I see him a couple of times a week.
    My other interest is football (soccer to you Americans!). I am a season ticket holder for Leicester City Football Club.

Thats about it, I think!

6. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

hey whats up Jonny Chee?? yea i am also a drummer......(i forgot to put that in)

i like to drum to rock music......System of a down...Korn...Deftones.....and so on.......

well thanks for posting Jonny Chee good luck with your record label and stuff, thats really cool.

later people

7. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

Hey Jonny,

What's your rank in Wing Chun? Just wonderin'...Sounds like fun. Me 'n spirit would love to have a class way up here in Alaska...

8. Jonny Chee

Jonny Chee Valued Member

Wing Chun doesn't really have a ranking system of sorts. I have been studying for about a year but with the frequency I train (particularly privately) I am up there in terms of skill with people that have been training for far longer than me. Its about dedication, thats all. Wing Chun is a simple system when compared with other martial arts. That suits me because if I get into a situation where I have to use it I dont want my mind to 'jam' and go blank because it is full of useless long winded techniques (that some other systems employ)!

9. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

I see. Thanks for the info Jonny!!! I'll keep it in mind... It sounds really fun.

10. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

hey Jonny Chee, if you could tell me a little bit about how you began your training in Wing Chun i think that would be very helpful to a beginner like me. keep that in mind if you have the time.

11. peaceful_child

peaceful_child New Member

Well, hello guys. I found it! Yay for me. Oh yah, I'm Caitlin, and I'm friends with Dragon Man and Spirit Reaper. I haven't really started training with anything yet, but Tom (Dragon Man) is helping me find a style that suits me. Other than that, oh yah, I live in Alaska, which needs to get warmer, I play the flute, so music is a big interest too. I'm also interested in theology and literature, which can be dull subjects for some, but I'm absolutely in love with them. Oh yah, I like flirtin too, but not with the chicks, obviously. That's about all.

12. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

Hey! I see ya' found it!;) So, what've you been doin'?

13. peaceful_child

peaceful_child New Member

lookin up more stuff on Aikido mostly. I assume you're still studying and what not?

14. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

Aye! That I am lassie! We'd better get to bed soon...What'ya' think of aikido?

15. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

HEY!! Please take all the CONVERSATIONS to the other forum room please. And you know which one i'm talking about.

"Hmm, it seems like I'm on when nobody else is... "

Thank you for your time...........hehe

16. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Perhaps we should make this the Alaska chat room? ;)

I've said all my stuff on my profile 'cos I'm such a swot :D

Welcome aboard all of you :)

17. Yin and Yang

Yin and Yang Valued Member

Hey, my name is Xenia and I have been doing Kung Fu for almost 1 year and am working hard. I love animals and cold weather. I am interested in photography and martial arts. The syle of Kung Fu i study is called Fu Chen. I have the best studio, we are practically one big family and watch out for eachother, give eachother rides, etc. I go to classes 3 times a week. 2 and 3/4 hours a day except on the 3rd day which is for 2 hours. Well, im in love with what i do and would never give it up. I have two cats that live outside and one dog. Live life to the fullest!
    -X

18. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

hi Xenia (sweeeet name!)

uuum........i dont think i've heard of Fu Chen....whats that style like??

19. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

and how old are you?

20. Yin and Yang

Yin and Yang Valued Member

Thanks, I like my name too, Fu Chen is a lot like Shaolin, in fact, some of our stuff is from Shaolin. Fu Chen was made up in Wisconsin and that is where the studio is, so that would be why it is not known well.
    -X