problems with a firewall

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Infinity, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

i have a problem with a firewall "Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.2.1" i installed it and when i opened it it reboots my compter, and everytime i restarted the computer and when it comes to loading apps it just reboots when it gets to the kerio. what can be done to make my firewall work

2. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

Oh boy! Of all the possible firewalls out there you picked one of the hardest to configure. I am not network expert so wait until someone in here chimes in. If not I suggest you to buy a decent NAT router (around $100 bucks) and set and forget. Software FWs ain't worth it.

If you still wanna go ahead (my instict tells me so) and people in here can't help there is another place where you can ask for advice:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio

Good luck.

3. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

ok the problem is fix i downlaoded again and installed fine its working fine now.does a hd firewall have to be a router? cant i just get a hd firewall alone? and why did u say its beter then software? how cheap can they go for? i can spend 100 on it

4. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

A hardware FW is a router itself.

Lynksys, NetGear are top brands. You can get a good one even for $50 bucks. Inexpensive and better than a useless software FW. Once you install the router activate your Windows XP FW and that's it. Set and forget.