Problems Ripping using Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Freeform, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hope somebody can help.

I recently upgraded WMP and now it won't let me rip any CDs, it asks me if I want to add copy protection or not and whether I'm aware of the US copyright laws.
    No matter what boxes I check it then refuses to rip the CD, saying that 'one or more of the tracks cannot be ripped.'

When I go to options in the rip menu, I can't remove the 'copy protection' option for mp3 format (it's greyed out).

Can anybody help me? I just want to put some tracks on my mp3 player, the previous version of WMP didn't give me these problems.

2. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Did you try rolling back to the older version?

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I have a great solution for your problem:

Download nero
    Download CD ripping software for nero
    Install
    Delete Windows Media Player :D

4. Freeform

Not sure how to do that, could you tell me ? :)

I take it Nero is a pretty good (probably free) media player? ;)

5. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

nero isnt free , my personal feelings on nero is tht it sucks , say it crashes it crashes your whole pc :( instead of just the one program....

i use WMP to rip and Foobar to play my media , i have never came across the above problem but i shall look into it for you and get bck ... roll back usualy consists of rolling back your pc to a earlier state using the system restore facility... microsoft believe before u update , install or change anything on your pc you should create a system restore point incase it goes wron you can roll back to a time before you made the change.

6. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Nero is one of the most appallingly bad applications I've ever had the misfortune to try to use. :bang:

I'd say try it only as a very VERY last resort.

8. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

My advice is don't use Windows Media Player. There are loads of rippers out there for free. Use one of them.

9. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Music match crashes my compter every time. I use 'sonic record now' which is fast yet idiotproof (just like me!) :D

10. Freeform

I think I actually have that, I'll check when I'm on my home PC :)

11. Mark123

Mark123 New Member

windows media player = microsoft = lots of problems sometimes :)

12. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Heck, that's why I got rid of it!
    Carys, MMJB is a bit old now, probably why. I used it on Windows 98! Just thought it was worth mentioning though.

13. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I use Creative's own brand software. It even rips CDs they try to protect from PCs by putting a naf video track on it :D

14. Topher

Topher allo!

Corrected. :D