Problem opening threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Su lin, Mar 27, 2008.

1. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

If your still having trouble with threads maybe my problem replying to the thread in the philosophy section isn't taking place at my end. I can't view the second page although the 1st and 3rd open fine, and I can't reply to it.

But anyway, good to see that someone else is having trouble. I mean that in a good way of course..:confused:

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Can I be a pain and get specific links to problem threads?

Ta

3. WatchfulAbyss

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Whenever I try and open the "embryo research" thread it takes ages.
    While this thread opened in seconds.
    Dunno if it's related to the earlier issues.

5. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Facing similiar problems in the Richard Dawkins thread and numerous others plus I can't reply in most threads because it just times out. Will it happen here?

6. Topher

Topher allo!

The Embryo Research and and Richard Dawkins threads overall don't seem to be that bad (they're still a bit slow) for me.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The creationists are sabotaging MAP!!
    The cunning fiends that they are.

8. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Still can't reply in the Richard Dawkins thread or make my own threads in off topic and I don't think it's my PC settings given that I've now tried it on two different PC's with the same result. It's quite irritating... is it just me? :D

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure but it seems like it might be something to do with the length of reply I want to send. Having just tried to cut my reply into 3 parts it seems to have worked. Any ideas why?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  9. WatchfulAbyss

I had that problem when I started my thread in the philosophy section. I had to split it in two parts and now some people can reply to that thread but I still can't, kind of like I'm not having problems with the threads you are.

In short, it's not just you.

10. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I'm still getting very slow thread opening in the off topic area

11. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

having trouble replying to threads in the off topic specifically the embryo research thread

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  12. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Seems to be random ones for me.

13. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

come on mods I have a reply waiting to the embryology thread :p

14. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Are you using the quick reply or post reply function?

15. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

both

with the post reply I get the reply screen up although it takes a long time to load but when i click post reply it says 'done' on the bottom left of the screen and wont post.

the quick reply just has an hour glass when i click post reply but it doesn't load the reply onto the thread

16. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

I have DSL and I'm having issues with it. Threads don't want to open, and full "post reply" pages don't want to come up.

17. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

This morning things have been opening quicker and I'm able to post quicker as well. Yeah, there's a brief pause where you hold your breath thinking it's not going to load, but it does...

I guess Saz and Anth have worked their magic... :D

18. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

Few, I thought I was going mad.

I just marched over here and was about to post a complaint but this thread was already up.:D

19. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Happening to me again with certain threads. Odd

20. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Never really stopped for me, but I've gotten used to it.