PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 Results *spoiler*

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Yukimushu, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 is currently under way; but here are the results so far.

[EXPAND="Pride Final Conflict results"]

Kazuhiro Nakamura beats Igor Vovchanchyn via Decision (Unaminous)
    Ricardo Arona beats Wanderlei Silva via Decision (Unaminous)
    Mauricio Rua beats Alistair Overeem via KO (Strikes) - 6:42 RD1
    Fabricio Werdum beats Roman Zentsov via Submision (Triangle Choke) - 6:01 RD1
    Hidehiko Yoshida beats David Abbott Via Submission (Choke) - 7:40 R1
    Fedor Emelianenko beats Mirko Filipovic via Decision (Unaminous)

Mauricio Rua beats Ricardo Arona via KO (Strikes) - 2:54 R1

[/EXPAND]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

yes, i watched it too. Mirko lost. i was very disappointed with his performance. he was very passive. fedor deserved to win, even though i cheered for mirko.

3. Svarog

Svarog New Member

I followed the fight also. I was surprised that Filipovic went out of steam so early (so I read). Must have been really interesting fight.

4. impala

impala New Member

i hope that is a joke. if not i am going to kill you all!

or maybe silva lost advertently so shogun would have an easier match against a gassed opponent :D

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  5. rtkd

rtkd Z-boyz

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mirko wasnt firing at all! fedor had his game covered completely.
    then to top it off shogun destroys arona??
    If only overeem didnt gas.
    yoshida's stand is pretty solid.

6. impala

impala New Member

hm, who else thinks that wand has knee problems?
    he almost didnt move at all.

7. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i still can't believe that mirko wasn't better. :cry: :cry: :cry:

8. Jenny9973

Jenny9973 Valued Member

I CANT BELEIVE WANDERLEI GOT BEAT!! IS THIS A SICK JOKE?? :eek:

9. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'm glad Shogun beat Arona - can you imagine having Ricardo "I'll bore you all to submission" Arona as champion? The last thing Pride would want is a decision fighter as GP champion. The only awkward thing now is that Silva and Shogun have to fight for the MW title, or does Arona get the first shot at Silva?
    Word I'm hearing is that Fedor injured Crocop in the first round (possibly a broken rib) and I don't know what happened with Silva yet, bit injury isn't being ruled out - he hasn't really looked himself all GP
    Those of you who have seen the fight - How flipping slick was Werdum's triangle?! That was just on out of nowhere
    I can't wait to watch the rest of the event, I've only seen a couple of fights so far

10. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Was it worth ordering? I am having my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow, so I figure if it was good I will order it, and watch other people in pain:)

11. geves

geves Valued Member

silva would've beat arona's a** if there was that extra round.

2 rounds = ga*

3 rounds = a real fight.

12. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Watching Shogun stomp Arona's face into the mat is worth watching over and over :D Shogun/ Overeem is worth the order on its own - such an exciting match
    I agree in the inevitable rematch, Silva will seriously damage Arona

13. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Did anybody else see Mirko's arm bar attempts? What was he thinking?

That was a great event and Shogun's tornado kick against Arona would've been the coolest move ever if it connected.

14. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

Shogun's kick was awesome!! He's def gaining as one of my fav fighters to watch....

Did anyone else see how Arona acted after the bell rang when he was in Silva's guard.. No class whatsoever... so glad Shogun pounded on him

15. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Ya, but Silva did kinda deserve it. He was talking a lot before the fight. Silva should've fought the way he always fights, he gave way too much respect was too worried. How come he wasn't clinching with Arona? It worked for Shogun.

16. impala

impala New Member

that's why i think he has knee problems again. maybe the stomp that missed nakamura ruined his knee again :c

17. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

overeem seemed to give up after his guillotine attempt failed. he was dominating the fight with shogun till that point.

18. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I got it last night, and enjoyed the fedor/crop-crop fight quite a bit. Silva dissapointed me, he didnt seem like a champion in that fight, in fact even my little brother who knows even less about mma than me could tell he was getting beat. Shogun on the other hand really impressed me, he really took it to overrem and arona, and destroyed arona. If Silva fights Shogun, then I think I might put my money on Shogun, he seems from what little I know to be even better than Silva. Anyways, money well spent!!

19. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

AHAHAHAHAHAH YES GO FEDOR!!1!!!!!1!1!1

*ahem* sorry guys.

Nice event and I'm so glad to see three things:
    1.Fedor convincingly beat CC
    2. Wanderlei losing
    3. Shogun winning, been quite the fan of his since his war with lil Nog.

20. UGFighter

UGFighter Valued Member

Fedor Vs Crocop was a war.

Crocop hurt Fedor with some of his punches and broke his nose, Fedor came back and hurt Crocop.