Pressure Point Fighting

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by ppko, Jun 1, 2004.

1. ppko

ppko Valued Member

Hello, I am opening this thread because I want people to know more about Dim Mak/Kyusho Jitsu than what you might know. I study under GM T.A. Frazer one of GM George Dillmans top three. The arts that I study are Kyusho Jitsu, Jodoryu Jujitsu,and Kiai Jitsu. I have been in the arts for about 10 years now and started out studying Aikijujitsu, Shin Gi Tai Jujitsu, Combat Gung Fu, and Shotokan. I am willing to take any questions that you have about any of the arts that I study or have studied but for the most part I would like to give more info. on Kyusho Jitsu.

PPKO

2. Adam

Adam New Member

Excellent! A Kyoshu-Jitsu practitioner on MAP. I think you're the first of your kind here, and I would like to bid you welcome to our fair site :)

As for the questions, is it actually possible to knock people unconscious without touching them like Grandmaster Dillman does? How does this work?

3. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Sounds cool, but how practical is Pressure Point fighting? Is it hard to learn or difficult to pull off?

4. ppko

ppko Valued Member

Yes it is but this does not work on everyone and as of right now we are not saying the no touch are street affective until we have a chance to try it more. But it all works on energy.

5. ppko

ppko Valued Member

Pressure point fighting is very practical, like anything else it does take some time to learn but not as much as what you might think. I have used these techniques out on the street and they have proven to be very effective. If you are going to train in the martial arts and have the ability to learn pressure points take advantage of it. If you like it than you have one more thing in your arsenol

6. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

One of the Instructors at the school I attend has certified as a teacher of K.J., and is going to start offering classes on incorporating it into the Shaolin Kempo we study. He's been working on this for quite a while so I have had some exposure to the use of pressure points in striking and (to a limited extent) grappling. I have not seen a no-touch KO but I can tell you that pressure points are useful to know about, and can add effectiveness to what you are already doing...
    -David

7. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

Are most of those you listed hybrid arts? Because i havent heard of maybe 4 of them, i would like to know about each one, excluding dim mak and shotokan and the well known ones.

8. ppko

ppko Valued Member

Albert,
    Jodoryu Jujitsu is emotion fighting ( that is the extent that I can go into at this moment)
    Kyusho Jitsu is the same as Dim Mak
    Kiai Jitsu sound fighting
    Shin Gi Tai Jujitsu is a system developed by John Saylor

Joe Morris

9. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

These sound interesting.

I have not heard of Kiai Jitsu or Jodoryu Jujitsu. Tell me more. Can you describe them better. It sounds very interesting.

10. ppko

ppko Valued Member

Kiai Jitsu using sounds for fighting/healing you can either look up Gary Rooks or go to www.kiaijitsu.com which is a products page by Song Pak I would trust either of them go to the seminars as they can teach you more than I can with Kiai.

Jodoryu Jujitsu is using the emotions of your opponent against them it was developed by T.A. Frazer I can't discuss to much on this until book #5 of the Dillman series comes out, for respect of T.A. Frazer. You could go to www.dillman.com and try and have T.A. Frazer do a seminar or check to see if he is holding any seminars in your area

PPKO
    I hope you understand

11. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

how is it possible to knock someone unconscious without touching them? Not to say you are lying, but I'm very skeptical about it. I mean is it some weird from of eye contact? Some strange form of hypnotism? I honestly cannot understand how it is possible.

But once again, I'm not calling you a liar I'm just not accustomed to seeing people knocked out without a kick/punch/ or some other percussion.

12. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Quick question then: Why is there still no scientific (ie controlled) evidence for any of the no touch stuff working? The only times I have ever seen light/no-touch stuff demonstrated, it was on one of the guys top (most indoctrinated) students, despite us also volunteering for the demonstration. A report went out on a news program in the states where they sent a news reporter to a dillman student's class, and he promptly failed to use pressure points to knock out a) the reporter, a much smaller girl than the instructor himself, and b) any member of a nearby jujutsu class. He then went on to explain that it only works on about 40% of people, that athletes (and presumably most people fit enough to fight then) learn to "channel away" the energy used to knock them out, but also that it's "street effective".

So essentially what we have are the following facts:

1) that no touch stuff has yet to be proved under controlled scientific conditions

2) that using ki to send signals to another person (supposedly much easier) has been debunked under scientific conditions the only time it was tested (look it up on James Randi's site)

3) that these instructors can only use their techniques on their own students. Presumably the students are essentially trained to fall on command, whether consciously or subconsciously.

I went to a seminar given by one of Dillman's students a few months back. My experience in arts where you are required to breakfall allowed me to see some of the details that the karate students in the room missed, such as the "KO"ed person shifting his feet to allow for an easier and safer fall.

The basic techniques involving pain compliance were good, but the advanced stuff? My skepticism was well and truly reinforced, and it will now take scientific proof to convince me of the effectiveness of light touch/no-touch ko's.

As a final word, any seminar where you manage to punch a blackbelt in the face while he has his guard up and is expecting it is going to make you even more skeptical.

13. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

14. ppko

ppko Valued Member

The no touch is caused by chi flow how it happens is still being decided we are still researching no touch knock outs and their usefulness on the streets. I do know that as of right now no touch does not work on everyone it does work on me, it did the first time which is when I stopped being a skeptic. But I am not going to discuss this any further because I have seen where these conversations end up and I don't want a huge argument over this.

Best Regards
    PPKO

15. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

Hi

Hi

I've been practicing Kyusho-Jitsu for 12 years.
    I think it is wonderful

MF

16. ppko

ppko Valued Member

with whom do you study with

PPKO

17. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

I'd love to know at least the basics of pressure point fighting. I know that it's not a good way to learn but are there an y decent books on teh subject?

18. ppko

ppko Valued Member

Yes George Dillman has gotten 4 books on pressure points and they are considered a must have for any martial arts www.dillman.com

19. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Could you name any easy and effective pressure point locations for us? Maybe one harmful and one for joking around and using on our friends.

20. MichaelV

MichaelV New Member