Present for a student !? Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by incubus, May 24, 2012.

1. incubus

incubus Valued Member

Hi all,

need your help. A student of mine ( 7 years old) invited me for his party and would like to give him a present (martial arts related). Any ideas? Possibly related to kung fu

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Depends on style/level and budget I guess. My uncle got me rubber/foam nun chucks when I was a kid. Perhaps an inflatable punch bag, they are quite fun and I remember getting one for my niece.

Gloves? Custom gear? What style is it you study? Maybe for a 7 year old, just forget the Martial Arts and get him an Action man.

Ooo check this out :)

http://superiormartialarts.com/cgi-....html&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!&affiliate=!affiliate!

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Look for the "Hong Kong Phooey" cartoon on DVD.

4. incubus

incubus Valued Member

good idea guys...thanks !

5. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Give him a

- white belt, show him how to crack that belt by both hands, and tell him that the day he can break that belt,
    - punching bag, show him how to punch/kick it, and tell him that the day he can punch/kick a hole out of that bag,
    - empty bookshelf, and tell him that the day he can fill it up with MA books with his own saving money,
    - ... (you may add similiar ideas here),

you will give him a black belt (or accept him as your indoor student).

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  6. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

Teach him the 5 point palm exploding heart technique..... wait that is kung fu yeah?

7. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Aren't you going to feel a little awkward at a seven year olds birthday party?

8. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Not if all the parents of 7 yr olds are there. I went to my 2 year cousins birthday party, and there were more adults and families there! Great barbecue.

9. incubus

incubus Valued Member

Its party for friends. and parents are invited too

:)

10. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

At our kids partys it always ends up with all the kids kicking crap out of me

The kids all love the chance to beat on an adult and I get some usefull conditioning

Wear groin guard and shin pads