pre/postwar histories

Discussion in 'Koryu Bujutsu' started by Dead_pool, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Hello, Can anyway point me in the direction of any books or online resouces that details the pre/postwar Budo histories in japan, specifically anything that details the inter-relatedness of the budoka at the time:

i.e. Butokukai / Kodokan / Gen'yōsha / Morihei Ueshiba / Yoisekan-Mochizuki / and the Shobukyoku.

many thanks for your time.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. jameswhelan

jameswhelan Valued Member

Hi Fusen,

Could you specify what you mean here?

The Kodo Senyokai Shobukyoku? The Kashiwara Shobukyoku?

Also, I believe that the those organisations were largely "gendai" in objective at that time. This forum subscribes to the view that there is a division in Japanese martial arts between gendai and not gendai, so I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Sorry to be unclear, I had meant the Kukishin Ryu - Shobukyoku.

I placed it here because of the backgrounds of most of the people would of been 'old school' and its the relationships between these and the more modern gendai organisations that I was interested in. Most of the modern gendai forums interest seem to be quite limited to their specific 'style' so I thought the more educated posters here on the Koryu forum would be able to point me in the right direction.

Thinking about it, I may ask on judo forum too, theres a really good historical sub forum on there too.