Post Whores

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Chris.B, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

In order to try and stop post whores map dosn't count the posts you write in the intro section. So my question is why do we still count the posts in the testing area. I mean every post there, is less important then welcoming people and well...yea...so what I'm trying to say. To help fight post whoring I think we shoudn't count posts in the testing area.

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Understood.

I'll move this post to the Intro's section then :D

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Most people post in the testing area to actually test something, but as far as stopping post whores go, I think banning them is much more effective.

:D

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

We can keel haul them and then make them listen to john tesh music....

5. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

What? :D

6. Eero

Eero Valued Member

What is so awful about post whoring? If it makes a person happy so let a man do it I say. Needless to say that I am not a computer geek so this is not so important for me.

7. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Because it unnecessarily uses and wastes bandwidth.

Most posts by 'post whores' are useless garbage.

Pointless post's are using resources that could be used for more importent content/posts.

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Just to clarify for some of you, post whoring is posting for the sake of getting your post count up. Said post whore usually then brags about their post count, and tries to make people with a lower post count their bitches. As Ving Tsun says, most posts by posts whore's are utter garbage. I've seen people dig up a 6 month old thread to add "lol" or a smiley. Quality not Quantity!

Also, its damn annoying if you have a very slow modem and load up a page only to find out someone's stuck "me too" on the end and added nothing to the discussion!

9. Cain

Cain New Member

Yup, I resemble that :woo:

I really hate that, and it just so happens I have got the lamest connection of all the memberlist on MAP :woo:

|Cain|

10. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

post whore? where?

11. Hugh

Hugh New Member

12. Cain

Cain New Member

I agree :Angel:

|Cain|

13. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I had 10,000 posts at the other board I posted at, I've got a lot of post whoring to do to catch up! :eek:

14. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

:confused:
    Definition:
    Adjective
    Post whore: What happens when you're finished whoring. :rolleyes:

Noun
    An exotic (or erotic) foreign weapon. The post whore is a soft, elaborately decorated weapon used to take money from unsuspecting victems. Any contact with this weapon results in a serious case of V.D. :D :p

15. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

While the person who posts the original test is usually genuinely testing something, what about the 20 posts after that saying something along the lines of 'test' etc, etc

16. milchy

milchy New Member

TEST ;)

17. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Why not just stop publishing members post counts? Then it doesn't matter how many you have.

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

We've talked about this before. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest to be honest, but the post count is kinda useful in a way. You can get a very rough idea of how long someone's been posting by loking at it, for one.

Most people don't abuse it, and I think we've only ever had one or two serious cases of post whoring by members (over 50 posts a day)

19. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

Actually you can tell by how much someone has been posting by join date. I'm sure you can tell how much a person posts by the amount of times you see there post.

20. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

No you can't. That tells you how long they've been a member, not how much posting they're been doing.