Post-Practice Daft Ideas

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by philosoraptor, Aug 21, 2013.

1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

We all know that state, right after practice. You've got so many endorphins flowing through your blood stream you feel like listening to bubblegum pop the entire way home. The air is a little bit fuzzy and you can't walk anymore because your quads are killing you, never mind your calves. Finally, the daftest ideas start popping into your head.

"I'm naming my daughter Tia Otoshi."

Anyone else have this experience? What were your thoughts?

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Do you mean that exact experience, or an experience similar where you feel you've found a sure fire answer or meaning to something that will happen in your life?

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Any experience you want man, let's just see where this bus goes.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

After a real good workout or good training I feel like I can conquer the world honestly. I never really listen to bubblegum pop, but the rap music I listen to on drives home from boxing are enhanced in enjoyment for me.

I'm also 100x wittier as well. I never really "talk smack" that much although my buddies do a ton of it. I'm usually on the butt end of it. Get me after a workout though and people can't keep up :D Any emotion I'm feeling at any given time after a workout is also enhanced quite a bit. Not good when your emotion is "grouchy and angry" and you're coming home to your wife :p

5. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Not really daft ideas. Our classes end at 22:00, and the first couple of months I had trouble sleeping afterward. I found that showering immediately after practice helped me. I was still feeling energized (I never go to sleep before midnight after class) but no longer jittery.

What I also do regularly after class is to go into my workshop and spend until midnight, working on knives with some eighties music on, enjoying the absolute peace and quiet. At such times I often feel I can work till daybreak without going to sleep, but I know that's a bad idea so I try to quit before half past midnight.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  6. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Uhm...daftest I've ever had was when I finally learnt a proper front push kick, that was giving me trouble. This + post workout adrenaline = I came back home at about 22.30, a bit annoyed as I still had stuff to study, shouted "Dante, I can do push kicks, you can't! Go to hell!" and threw the book in the air.
    It still sounds pretty idiot :D

7. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I've developed this bad habit of drinking after training.
    Not much, but I know it's a bad idea.