Possible Nigerian scam

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by kouryuu, Mar 14, 2006.

1. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Possible scam.

This was sent to a friend of mine in Denmark, he runs a Bujinkan dojo in Copenhagen, now, knowing what Nigeria is like for scams i just thought i`d let everybody know, i could also be very wrong and i apologise in advance if it turns out to be so, i`ve put this on Kutaki as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2006
  2. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

I've heard from him a couple of times in the last year or so. From what I recall he described himself as a karate instructor who wants to get into Bujinkan training. My suggestion to him was that he try someone who's at least on the same continent. . .South Africa, for example. But he doesn't seem willing to do that.

3. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Thanks Dale, i hope it`s not a scam and this guy is serious about training, Erland was concerned that he was after an invite to Denmark and then could disappear.
    From what i understand i don`t think he is going to continue the discussion with him, many thanks for your input.

See you in a couple of weeks in Noda.

4. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

If I remember correctly, some recent Nigerian scams were coming out of Europe, Copenhagen I think. Again, hopefully he's serious and can get some training

5. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I'm pretty sure I read something similiar on another forum here at MAP, oh wait, here it is. Different names, but answer this, how does one "register" a Bujinkan Dojo, without having any ranking in the Bujinkan? I thought one had to be a Shidoshi to have a Bujinkan dojo, otherwise you call it a shibu.

6. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

*Shudder* Isn't the Prince part a dead giveaway?

7. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

There is a 99% chance that it is a scam.

Ask yourself these questions.

1. How did they get your contact address.
    2. Did they address you by name? What does it say in the sent to bar? If it doesnt say your email then its been sent to a mass amount of people.
    3. Does he ask for ANY money with the pretense of giving you more. If he does, then its a 419 (advance fee) fraud.
    4. As the messages go on, does the English get worse in the letter? This is a sign of the guy using a template (which they buy off englishmen) and its a scam.
    5. The "Prince" part is a very strong sign that this is a scam.

I wouldnt trust anything coming from Nigeria.

8. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Could you post the headers of the email?

You may also want to remove your friends email address. Posting emails on the internet is the reason he is getting emails from Nigeria.

9. Jester

Jester I elbow, therefore I am.

This has got to be a scam. I think something similar to this was posted in another forum here. I think Silat if I'm not mistaken. Not sure on that, but definately sure this is a scam! I wouldn't trust it.