Police.uk website

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Slindsay, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

well I haven't been on it yet but thanks to the Daily Heil I've found out that my evening walk home runs the length of the street with the most anti social behaviour in Britain and my flat is about fifty yards from it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...problem-identifying-it.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I'd love to know how chinning some dude outside a club is antisocial behavior and not violence though :rolleyes: I'd also love to know how many acts of violence take place near my house in total not just including Newgate (The Bigg Market), I'm betting it's pretty high.

You will note that despite living in one of the most crime ridden places in the UK I somehow haven't ended up being stabbed in the kidneys by some low life with a knife because of my sport condiitoned reflexes (Or indeed been in any fights). Wonder how that figures with most self defence guru's sales' patter?

2. Emil

Emil Valued Member

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

You've been on the bigg market and not been stabbed?

4. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

I entered my postcode earlier and it told me they have no info on the local force!

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

the whole bleedin' lot of youz is dirty criminals. :p

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

One policeman on a bike does not constitute a force. :cool:

7. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Indeed, especially when someone chains it to a lampost. At the top. In pieces. :evil:

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

There have been a couple of glitches. Apparently one crime hotspot in surrey is a police headquarters :)

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Checked it this morning and I live in the most violent area of Portsmouth. Kind of unfair since I live literally next to the town centre and all the clubs. Mate in college told me those clubs are apparently the most violent drinking spot in England

EDIT: There we go: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/crime/8824316.Hampshire_street_the_most_violent_in_the_country/

I feel some strange pride in that :confused:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  10. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Other than give credence to the politics of fear. What does this do to fight crime? It seems like a massive waste of time, money and effort. And the Glover Court result is a false positive because the postcode covers the entire town centre.

This just smacks of stupid gimmicky politics designed to distract people from the real issue as to why the ConDem governments plan to get the economy on track isn't working.

11. Southpaw535

Another one of these stupid ideas for "transparency" I guess. On the flipside its not as idiotic as electing our police chiefs.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  12. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I also find it interesting it only covers England and Wales. Are there no crimes reported in Scotland or did they just lose count?

13. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Ah yes that is a truly idiotic idea. The police are supposed to be politically neutral. So lets just make them political. Awesome. What could possibly go wrong?

14. Southpaw535

Heh :D
    I was thinking more along the lines of the public maybe not being the best people to decide who deserves to head the police force. I love democracy and everything but there is a line somewhere.

15. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Yes and Europe has decided criminals in prison are entitled to the vote. They can vote for the UK parliament elections, the devolved assembly elections. So I guess they'll be entitled to this as well. Should be entertaining at least.

16. Southpaw535

I'm pretty cool with people on short terms being allowed to vote since it will still effect their life once they're released, anyone saying they have no right to vote because they have an agenda is a twit we all have agendas when we vote, but I haven't read up on anything on it recently so I don't know to what extent its being implemented.

17. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

People in prison are there in part to be punished. Or at least that's the theory. If prison is a punishment and these people are supposed to have lost their liberty then they shouldn't be at liberty to vote and have a say in the future of law abiding citizens.

18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'm all for removing the vote from those who don't know the difference between "affect" and "effect." ;)

This is better than the fate I reserve for those unable to differentiate between "less" and "fewer."

Mitch

19. Southpaw535

I'm talking about people who are on 6 months sentences for petty theft. hard to draw a line on who gets it and who desn't but if you're going to be free for most of the time they'll be in power why shouldn't you get it?

20. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Because they're in prison to be punished? Besides. Six month sentences are pointless. That's a whole other issue that needs to be sorted out.