Please Help! Need a way to remember the Course.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Sourav Ghosh, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Nutrition is one of the hackiest areas out there.
    Personally I'm skeptical of anyone that's not a qualified dietician.
    In the UK dietician is a protected term but anyone can call themselves a nutritionist (see Gillian McKeith, or to use her proper medical title..Gillian McKeith).
    I wouldn't hold up being "Amir Khan's nutritionalist" as any sort of qualifier of legitimacy or not.

axelb likes this.
  2. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

Not sure about the credentials but she does claim to be a registered dietician:

About

I merely meant to express thats shes not a total 'ashida kim' fraud and might as Ted Wongs pupil have some insight. But i digress i don't know enough about her technical level to make a judgement.

Coming back to keeping track of lessons, an interesting question would be how do you keep a track of lessons in more 'open systems'? Both as an instructor and as as student?

In the experience of the systems I've had (boxing, fencing, Tai chi) there is rational/technique led linear development that builds on fundamentals which are stressed on which variations or more complex skills are gradually introduced.

But what of more open ended systems, like JKD concepts, Krav MAga, MMA or even Bujikan Taijitsu that will draw on a number of different systems, concepts, techniques or methodologies?

Isn't there a danger that students end up with a wide collection of techniques at the expense of fundamentals, particularly if there is no defined syllabus to reinforce what the fundamentals are which might be obvious to an instructor but not to a student when reviewing their notes?