Pkhamidar2com's MA Diary :)

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Pkhamidar2com, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

A word of warning...

You have a habit of getting a little excitable about stuff you read and sometimes missing the big picture. You're at a relatively early point in your training and little details and tweaks to your routine will not make that much difference at the moment. By all means read and understand what you're reading but look at it in context. A lot (but not all) of what is written is aimed at more advanced athletes and, therefore, might not be appropriate for you to implement in your training at the moment. Read it, think about it and store it up for the future when you are at a point to implement it. :)

2. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

Thanks for the word of warning Frodo. Im reading it because its interesting

But i'm not going to start the periodisation right now, later in life maybe. But i know some of the stuff in there can apply to me.

So you have read this book before?

3. Frodocious

What's the title? I probably haven't read it, I've not read much on periodisation.

4. Pkhamidar2com

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Periodization-Training-Sports-Science-Based-Conditioning/dp/0736055592"]Periodization Training for Sports: Science-Based Strength and Conditioning Plans for 17 Sports: Amazon.co.uk: Tudor Bompa, Mike Carrera: Books[/ame]

this is the book

5. Frodocious

That's the one I thought you might be talking about. No, I haven't read it yet, but it's only my list! :)

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

periodisation wont work year round for you if you want to compete in judo due to the randomness of competitions.
    but pre competition scheduling would work

7. Pkhamidar2com

A bit sore from yesterdays workout.

I was doing alot of tyre stuff. Like doing those kettle bell swings but with tyres. And also i, with as much force as possible, swinging them behind me, infront of me, pushing them away, one arm shoulder push pressing and all this stuff.

Then was doing that front squat form thingy. And some pullups.

8. Pkhamidar2com

Did a workout today, was good.

Goblet squats, with about 20KG or so, still trying to get form correct. I think i have leg strength but its keeping that thoracic extension and spreading the legs out wide that is hard. But i'm doing good!

Sternum Chinups, not the full ones where you go in a lever, but you are doing a sort of row, as you are doing a pullup to your chest, at a 45 degree angle, if you get what i mean?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COKlK8CtByY"]Sternum Pull Up - YouTube[/ame]

kind of like this, but no where near as good XD

Weighted Pushups, some GHR's, Glute bridges, internal external rotations

Im looking to start Windmills, and one legged romanian deadlifts.

What do you guys think of doing Goblet Squats and Romanian Deadlifts both heavy on the same day?

9. Sylverstorm

Sylverstorm Valued Member

I have done squat and deadlift variations on the same day and am still going strong. So I'd say give it a try and if it's too much you can always stop again.

10. Mangosteen

For the squat drive:
    The stretches i use are:
    a massively wide squat stance, toes out, sink as low as you can while driving your knees out and hold it for a minute x 3.
    a PSOAS stretch, e.g. elevated lunge stretch for a minute each side x 3.

you're not going too heavy with squatz or DL so you could do them the same day

11. Pkhamidar2com

its weird cause I could do pistol squats ATG for about 8 reps. that's about 65 kg on each leg when squatting as that's how much I weight.

but in the goblet squats even doing 20 kg or so for 8 reps is hard...

I think its because all these muscles I wasn't used to working in the pistol are now being worked e.g. the hip abducters and the upper back to keep that thoracic extention, the ABS to hold the weight and other muscles.

also I don't know how much of a difference it make but I had a huge pelvic tuck during pistols where ass in goblet I have to work hard to avoid it.

12. Pkhamidar2com

Uhg something is up with a muscle in my leg, so i didnt do anything. Even walking was being a pain.

If i walked or stood for about 2 - 3 minutes the pain goes away, but if i am sitting and then get up i get a pain for a while.

If im lying on my bed, which i was today, and i lift my leg up like a leg raise, the pain is bad.

Not sure what it is, its like a sharp pain.

Its near the groin muscles, but rather than being on the insides of my leg, its near the area that is facing forwards, right near the top.

Anyways it really sucks, hoping it goes away. Been icing it, compressing it, elevating it, and obviously resting it.

Yesterday i was doing some stretches, and i was practicing my goblet squat. I got to that range of motion and i used my elbows to push out my knees a little, but i didnt feel any pain when doing this. But this may be a reason why.

Pain came when i went to go take a dump. Twisted into the toilet and when i was twisting and sitting down... i felt the pain, and since then i felt it. Not before.

Really weird, just hope it goes down by tomorrow alot. I guess im off squats and stuff for a while then huh?

13. Pkhamidar2com

That pain from yesterday was gone quite alot today. Just tender to touch and i feel a slight pain when i press into that area. So just as before i iced it and all that.

I didnt do any squats or anything, did some light pullups, i dont want to stress that injured place so i didnt add weight.

Had a bad stomach age too today, been pretty rubbish today.

14. Pkhamidar2com

So the stomach ache was pretty bad yesterday, couldnt get any studying done let alone get my workouts done.

Same with today. Stomach ache is still there as i type this, but its much less than before.

There seems to be a pattern, in the mornings or lunch times its fine, no pain. Its after a while, like around 3 - 6 oclock i get the stomach ache, and then it lasts untill god knows when.

Then i wake up and its all fine. It was so bad last night, but for some reason when i get these stomach pains i feel extremely sleepy, and im stumbling all over the place because im dizzy so sleeping wasn't hard.

But my posture goes from ok to absolutely horrendous! Im hunched over like a banana, shoulders tense and rolled forward, just because of the pain.

Anyways i went doctors today, he said it wasnt anything serious, but ive never had such a bad stomach ache before.

All in all, i just hope i can go to Judo this Thursday. And obviously hope i can get more revision done.

The groin pain i was feeling, still no pain which is good. And where it was once tender to touch, it is much less tender. So healing good :)

15. Pkhamidar2com

So i went Judo last night. It was pretty damn good as always.

I fixed my tai otoshi, my hip was blocking it, i just went lower, i think its called drop tai otoshi
    I was able to do a dynamic Seio Nage
    I practiced alot of drilling
    I think this session i really got the hang of head control where as before i didnt
    I found out that walking backwards can work really well in randori
    I found out that after throwing a guy 2 - 3 times your bodyweight, far taller and wider, throwing a guy lighter than you is like throwing a feather
    Randori still needs ALOT of improving.

I think what i really need to improve on is actually remembering the stuff in randori.

So i really think going on a monday for an hour and a halfs worth of randori is worth it. Because i only get about 5 -10 minutes worth of randori on thursday because its a learning night. And although i have a lot more to learn, if i can apply these in randori it will help alot.

When you practice a technique your partener is flowing with the throw. When you are doing randori the partener is resisting the throw.

Although its a bit nerve racking going into a session (its an all graders session so im welcome to go) that is full of black belts, yet im only a white belt XD. But i'm sure ill learn something.

16. Pkhamidar2com

Aww damit, theres no class on monday. I guess i wont get that 1 and a half hours randori i wanted. Will have to wait next week. Atleast thursday class is open!

17. Pkhamidar2com

So there was no class on monday cause easter monday bank holiday.

However i went today, thursday. Was good, i learned the morote seoi nage, very good. I dont know why but i like ippon seoi nage and morote seoi nage.

Then we did this other move, cant remember the name but its basically the same grip style as morote seoi nage, but instead you do a tai otoshi, but its not called a tai otoshi.

Then there was a mroe advanced move which i just couldnt get the hang of properly. IT was where you drop between their legs, so your on your knees and you throw them on the floor from there, and its easier apparantly because your centre of gravity is so low.

Anyways it was very, very fun! Very good stuff.

Im going to go on monday if i can, hopefully i can. Well, i will try everything i can to go on monday. It will be a sparring night. So should be good. I was just told a word of warning not to get too demotivated if i cant throw anybody. To be honest i wasnt really expecting to do more than 1 throw. Im honest here, i would walk away a happy man if i could land 1 successful throw.

In other news, i dont know why i didnt think of it before but im going to use my resistant bands (which i never use anyway) to practice techniques :D I should be able to do things like tai otoshi, maybe osoto gari, dont think i can do uichi mata in terms of the leg lift but the screwing of the upper body should be fine, ippon and morote seo nage, ogoshi maybe? Ill just see how it goes but im excited.

God i love Judo! Wish i took it instead of TSD, but so glad i took it eventually.

18. Pkhamidar2com

Well today has been pretty bad. Woke up, and just vomited all day.

Just now i feel a little better, no more vomiting but still feel uber weak.

I think i might try that Judo elastic band drilling as i was really looking forward to that.

Haven't eaten much today. Need to eat something as well. Just hope it doesn't upset my stomach.

19. Mangosteen

EAT MOAR VEGGIES AND FRUIT SON!
    You're always injured and ill.
    and eat more proteinz!

20. Pkhamidar2com

I probably do need to eeat more veg and fruit. protien I dunno. I don't really count it but I make sure whatever I eat has a decent amount of protien.