Pkhamidar2com's MA Diary :)

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Pkhamidar2com, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

Yeah i think im going to rest for 2 to 3 days and get back to training. Ill workout on sat or sun.

So in future, if i dont feel like i can push further than last week, i should stop working out and stop? Instead to cardio or something?

What do you mean by working technique?

thanks simon :)

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It will come to you will experience.
    I've had days where I really don't want to go to class, but once there I feel great and am glad Imade the effort.
    If you are training at home though and are not in the grove then maybe it is a sign you need a rest.
    It is so easy to overtrain, and lethargy is one of the signs.

3. Pkhamidar2com

Today i found out that one of the guys at my school, same year, same class even! does judo... and i thought that was awesome... Also he does it in the same club i go to! Crazy!

Anyways he is quite experienced, around 7 years or experience which is quite long!

He asked me how many times i go, i said i only just started but plan on going 1 or 2 times a week. The convo went on and then he said he does a monthly payment...

Then he said that it is true... the pricing system at the judo centre is bad. But he said he pays an amount every month, around 22 - 26 pounds, and he gets the adult lessons as well as junior lessons all of them.

Although i do not mind paying 4 pounds per lesson, i can probably go twice a week or maybe thrice if i get a job.... But it would be very nice if what he said is actually true... as i have been told so many different prices i dont actually know how to go about asking them this...

But yeah he said at the moment doing one lesson is fine, then he said after a month or so, go for 2 lessons, and just slowly increase the amount of lessons as that way you ease in to it.

so that was good...

anyways, i need to ask you guys. Think its ok to squat next week? As well as SLDL's?

Im going to return to my workout, probably will do
    Squats (probably Bulgarian Split Squats)
    Dips
    Pullups
    SLDL's

My knee feels fine, has felt fine all week! Im seeing the doctor anyway on tuesday, so i'll see him, and if he says its ok, as i have not felt any pain at all for the whole week, then ill workout on tuesday.

4. Pkhamidar2com

So i havnt posted in a while.... because i have not done anything...

Why? Well i been waiting until today (i had my doctor appointment).

Well you could have done upper body, why not?
    Well guess what? On saturday i had elbow pain, so i didnt workout since then as i still have it. Its gone away alot on the left eblow, but there is still some pain in right elbow...

Im not thinking about going Judo.

So yeah... good news though is that i can finally start working out my legs again!!! So happy!
    The doctor checked my knee and everything, i said i had no pain for about a week, he said it should be fine, did some pressure point stuff on it to see if i was feeling any pain, etc... Said it would be fine to start working legs again but i need to take it easy and ease into the training.

So yeah im going to be easing in obviously. I will start off with bodyweight squats and biking as thats really light.

And bad news is obviously the elbow thing. Apparantly i have a very slight tennis elbow and all i need is rest. Hopefully it goes by the end of this week or the start of next.

What i been doing to help speed up the process of healing is to ice it regularly and massage it.

Also i been doing this thing...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hlWgH3_0NU&feature=player_embedded#"]Novel Movements for the Hand, Wrist, and Elbow - YouTube[/ame]!

but i dont know if this will target and help the tennis elbow...

Anyways, so thats why i been off for the last few days. Too depressed to post about how bad it has been. But now im rather happy i can start doing some exercise again.

5. Pkhamidar2com

thing is guys... i been looking online and i dont have any of the symptoms of tennis elbow?

grip something, for example holding a pen or shaking someone's hand
    Nope, no pain when gripping.
    twist your forearm, for example turning a door handle
    Nope.
    use your keyboard or mouse
    Using one right now... nope
    fully lengthen (extend) your arm
    I extend my arm all the time... nope

thats what it said on this website

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/t/tennis-elbow

except the only time i feel slight pain is when im lifting something like a bag or doing a motion that is similar to a frenchpress/skullcrusher

So when im lifting a bag, my hand is in a position similar to a bicep curl, i feel it.

When i was trying to reenact what i learned in judo, i was doing something to workout the symmetry. So imagine your standing, and one of your hands just grabs your jumper chest area and pulls it so its like a tricep extention, i felt the pain there on saturday, and then since that day i havnt done it again.

golfers elbow doesnt seem to meet the requirements either...

But the doctor is most likely correct... im not doubting him, im just confused as i dont have any of those symptoms.

6. Pkhamidar2com

A few updates

1) Knee pain is gone. well hopefully. Did some bodyweight squats and biking, im too scared to pick up the resistance too quickly

2) Elbows feel fine, since i have felt little pain and i have done some movements while moving around that would normally put alot of stress on my elbows... but because i have not felt any pain i have not realised. You know? When you do something, and you feel pain then stop and dont do it again, then do it again by acident and if it hurts you jerk. Well that didnt happen to me at all. So its probably gone or very close....

so with that im probably going to go to ground work tuesday, i MAY go to throwing on thursday, see how i feel about that.

Another cool thing is that i found out that there is a power lifting gym at the judo centre!

My friend at school said he goes there, its on a wednesday.

They do things like deadlifts, powercleans, cleans, squats, bench press and all this other stuff...
    They also do this thing where you pick up big boulders or something and run across the hall up and down....

So thats pretty cool, i never knew about that, but if its relatively cheap i may go there! Ill pick up a brochure for the gym on tuesday.

So yeah, sounds good, knees feel fine, elbows feeling good... still icing and still looking after my elbows and doing those rehab/prehab exericses.

anyways i now leave you with a funny video ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6SfMZxoLc&feature=g-u-u&context=G2bc10eaFUAAAAAAAIAA"]Improv Everywhere - Spinning Beach Ball of Death - YouTube[/ame]

7. Pkhamidar2com

A few updates

1) Knee pain is gone. well hopefully. Did some bodyweight squats and biking, im too scared to pick up the resistance too quickly

2) Elbows feel fine, since i have felt little pain and i have done some movements while moving around that would normally put alot of stress on my elbows... but because i have not felt any pain i have not realised. You know? When you do something, and you feel pain then stop and dont do it again, then do it again by acident and if it hurts you jerk. Well that didnt happen to me at all. So its probably gone or very close....

so with that im probably going to go to ground work tuesday, i MAY go to throwing on thursday, see how i feel about that.

Another cool thing is that i found out that there is a power lifting gym at the judo centre!

My friend at school said he goes there, its on a wednesday.

They do things like deadlifts, powercleans, cleans, squats, bench press and all this other stuff...
    They also do this thing where you pick up big boulders or something and run across the hall up and down....

So thats pretty cool, i never knew about that, but if its relatively cheap i may go there! Ill pick up a brochure for the gym on tuesday.

So yeah, sounds good, knees feel fine, elbows feeling good... still icing and still looking after my elbows and doing those rehab/prehab exericses.

anyways i now leave you with a funny video ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6SfMZxoLc&feature=g-u-u&context=G2bc10eaFUAAAAAAAIAA"]Improv Everywhere - Spinning Beach Ball of Death - YouTube[/ame]

8. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

it sounds like a powerlifting and strongman gym - join it, it's much better than sub-standard home training.

9. Pkhamidar2com

agreed. I have much more motivation when training at a gym. also they teach you and supervise you on everything.

I can only go if I can afford it though. I am going to get a part time job (will probably call them up tomorrow).

but I still need to save up for university as well :/

I think the gym is only open on Wednesdays. well that's what my friend said. that lucky doughnut gets to go to the gym for free! agh.

10. Pkhamidar2com

havnt posted lately, but went judo yesterday for ground work. Pretty damn awesome and fun!

I thought ground work would be
    a) boring
    b) not tiring
    c) extremely hard

what actually happened
    a) ground work was actually EXTREMELY FUN! hahaha, i swear judo has so many surprises, and everything about judo so far... i have loved... I am so glad i took it up!

b) Wow i thought that the ground work would not be tiring because you were on the ground and stuff.... but boy was i wrong... it is really REALLY tiring! phew!

c) Yeah im not denying this, it is really hard to do ground work, so i was correct about that.

Anyways man it was so fun. It was my first every proper ground work session, one of the old seniors took me to the side to show me all the basics. Then he swapped with another old senior person, he showed me some other basics, and then swapped again and another senior showed me chokes and arm locks.

After that i did some randori for about 30 - 40 minutes or so. 3 minute rounds with 1 min rest. So god damn fun!

Obviously i lost most of the time, also alot of the rounds they would teach me something so the senior belt would say, "yeah i see where your going wrong, here is how you do it" and then go through it bit by bit on how to actually do it.

One down side to yesterdays judo class... On the last match i was up with a new guy like myself, and he was a little aggressive. Something happened and i landed on my elbow, he kinda fell on top of me and i knew i was about to hurt my elbow so i yelled "matte" (was told by instructors to say that), and he stopped.

Turns out he had fallen on top of me while i tried to stop myself falling in a weird way so my elbow was put pressure on... So if it was really bad and he jumped on me my elbow would have gone the other way...

Anyways it wasnt that bad as i yelled matte as soon as i felt it.

There was no instant pain, but pain did slowly develop.

today there wasnt much pain, i can move it full range of motion quite easily, just right at the bottom where i try to straighten it out i feel something, nothing painful, just ting of pain.

not too sure what to do about this... the guy was apparantly a physiotherapist and said i should stretch it the same way it was being bent apparantly, or pull my fist towards my shoulder like when i do a bicep curl but pull it and relax the muscles. And obviously ice it.

So unlucky on that last match.... hopefully it heals by tuesday :)

11. Pkhamidar2com

Thought i would share this with you!

http://chadwaterbury.com/strengthen-your-core-and-loosen-your-hamstrings/

i was trying to fix my butt wink, its going well, and all the advice on the internet is working. So im nearly there. I just end up rounding just below parallel, so at parallel it is between lordosis and tuck.

But that chad waterbury thing actually works! I just tried it, hamstrings were tight, i couldnt reach past the middle of shins without feeling a stretch or rounding my upper back.

Did that exercise, and i was able to reach up to my instep with a completely flat back!

12. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Looks like an awesome yet simple exercise, didn't know about the hamstring benefit. I've done the stir the pot swiss ball exercise at the end of a workout, with some trx pushups and ab rollouts and they just about killed me. Happy dayz :D

13. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

14. Pkhamidar2com

Just finished reading those articles... doesnt that mean that in judo there is a higher risk of spine delamination because there is alot of spinal flexion in many throws?

15. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

well Doron Navon, probably the most respected non-Japanese shihan apparently could barely move when he started ninjutsu because of Judo competition injuries

16. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Damn cheek stole that drill from me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETX7A7SaZSc&list=UUCEvC8J27lX6ns2hNgY3zUQ&index=6&feature=plcp"]Drawing the Alphabet.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

17. Pkhamidar2com

Well guess what guys?

My friend who goes to the same judo club, pays about 24 pounds per month and gets about 4 lessons a week... Im paying £16 for 4 a month...

Well actually technically its about 9 or 10 lessons a week.

You see there are 3 adults sessions. They are all later in the evening. But there are 5 or so junoir sessions, and apparantly people my age go there too.

so my friend, he usually goes on the junoir sessions, like tuesdays, wednesdays, fridays, and then sometimes he does 3 hours at once. So he will do a junoir session, then straight away he will stay and wait for about 15 minutes or so, and then go for the adult session...

Imo thats awesome!

Im going to get that. But the woman at the reception said no last time (this was a while ago before i met my friend who goes judo). But ill try to ask again, without being rude this time, hopefully get a better answer and get a good deal :)

But i need to get a job first. Going to go check out the job place on Saturday to see if i like that place. If i do, ill do what i need to do, get the job. Need to do some volunteering to get a better chance at doing that job, so i got that volunteering job yesterday, will be doing that for about a month or two, then apply for the job, then the cash comes in, and i can go judo!

18. Pkhamidar2com

Forgot to update but i went judo on Thursday.

Was pretty damned good. Since i hadn't been going judo for the past 3 - 4 weeks cause of knee, i declined a bit, but i was already bad anyway XD

Anyways, they taught us the Uechie Mata, or however you spell that throw.

It took me ages to actually get the throw, so hard! But it was because i wasn't doing it relaxed, i was getting too aggressive because i couldn't do it and i tried to use all my strength to do it.

Then i chilled, and kinda got it. By the end i got a better idea, still needs thousands of centuries of improvement! But atleast i got the hang of it.

Problem is, when sparring, i forget everything, which really sucks. But also when you practice technique, its ok, but when you actually try to do it in sparring, its damned difficult!

Ah well, atleast im back doing judo again :) Slowly ill get better!

19. Pkhamidar2com

Went down town for a job tour at a place. Unfortunately i needed to book an appointment so i was in town with nothing to do.

Was going to go for the buses and go home, but saw the library, went in just for fun.

Then i found some books about strength periodisation, and it has so much interesting stuff, i ended up staying there for about 2 hours and just reading that book.

Felt gutted having to leave the library, i didnt have a library card on me :(

But when i find my library card, i will get that book ASAP.

20. Pkhamidar2com

Yay i went to the library and picked up that book about periodisation for sports. Interesting stuff, so glad i got it now!!!