pick the bjj person in this

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by samuri-man, Jan 7, 2006.

1. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

gee... I dunno... maybe the first clue would have been the blue gi and the purple belt?:D

For a better demonstration of a BJJ lurker at a Judo match... look up the one with BJ Penn where he rocks up as a white belt. :D

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  3. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Why does the first guy he faces turtle at the first sign that he might be taken down?

4. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Yeah, the first guy was completely pathetic on the ground. Still, there were a couple nice executions of the armbar and a good triange setup in there. Hey, not everyone can be BJ Penn slip.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Agreed. My point being though - that if this is a Judo v.s. BJJ match then the fact that the guy rocked up in a blue gi and a purple belt would be the first give away that he wasn't the judo guy. :D

That's why I threw in the reference to the BJ Penn fight as he shows up in a white gi like everyone else. :D

6. 7thlevel

7thlevel Valued Member

You mean this clip -
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2889658980900122430&q=bj+penn

good example apparently filmd at blackbelt judo contest while penn at time was white belt bjj.

7. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I'm not sure about this but isnt a BJJ purple gonna have around 4 years of trainnign under his belt whereas a Judo green may have less than a year?

8. Nightstrike

Nightstrike MMA Nerd

these guys looked like they were all judo BB's for the exception of the BJJ guys, but yeah slindsay, often a BJJ purple often has 4-7 years exerpeince, either way, it was only really the flying armbar that impressed me there,he should have been able to finish this off alot quicker.