phoenix eye conditioning!

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by goatnipples2002, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

How can I SAFELY condition my Phoenix-Eye? How do I condition the inner (bone, ligaments, joints) as well as outter hand (skin and nerves)?

2. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Whats the phoenix eye?

3. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

yea dad plz tell us:D

4. Cain

Cain New Member

I think it's the one knuckle punch.....

|Cain|

5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

The age old tradition of gradual progression Mr Nipples.

1/ Two weeks rapid plunging of said curled digits into Salted Yoghurt

2/ Three weeks in Butter.

3/ Four weeks in Cheese, Irish Cheddar being the most robust.

4/ Five weeks pounding of some Artificial Californian Breast Implants.

6/ Six weeks in Clay.

7/ Seven weeks n Plasterboard.

8/ Eight weeks on a Pine Tree.

9/ Nine weeks on Brick.

10/ Ten weeks on Granite.

11/ Eleven weeks on Steel.

12/ Twelve weeks till you ask another such question on this forum!

This last is most important, as returning to the forum earlier, will destroy all your previous work.

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Bwaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............

7. goatnipples2002

The pheonix eye is the 1 knuckle punch. How are you guys on the internal arts thread and don't know what that is? Aren't you guys kung fu guys?

8. johndoch

johndoch upurs

when u use the pheonix eye its more about gettin in close before use its not used at punching range. try it a range and you'll probably dislocate your finger. I would say most of the power in this technique comes from placing your knuckle at pressure points and twisting and pushing into your target.

Use it on soft targets like on the neck behind the jawline u dont need to condition the knuckle much for this.

I think thats what andy was getting at.

9. YODA

We know very well what it is.

Now explain to me why an internal martial artist would want or need to "condition" his attcking tools. Sounds very "external" to me.

10. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Many people don't use it because it has high risk of breaking said knuckle ;) Its largely used for hitting pressure point as far as I know. "I know Kung Fu", but I'm not heavily into that side of things.

I think this is just bad and wrong advice!!! A robust cheese the Irish chedder may be! But, when have the Irish conditioned their Phoenix eye!? I'd recommend a quality imported Chinese cheese, you'll see where that extra money has gone!

[​IMG]

11. Andy Murray

You never heard the song; 'When Irish eyes are smiling', except this usually referrs to the third eye of the phoenix. :D

This is not to be confused with the Japanese Eye ;) which is something else again.

Phoenix eye, commonly used in SPM, also in Lau Gar, is as common as muck, and about as useful, conditioned or otherwise. :D

12. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

The Japanese eye :D wondered why they had strange stances!

I should be an expert then being of Irish decent, but tonight its not the eyes being conditioned. My schedule includes 4 hours of liver conditioning each Friday!

13. YODA

Couldn't agree more - the notion of hitting a tiny target with one knuckle when some adrenaline pumped psycho is trying to rip your lungs out is not exactly what I would call a high percentage move.

"Accuracy" in a REAL fight is managing to hit a HEAD with a FIST.

14. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I agree too, when I've been in incidents the first thing to go is accuracy, nothing delicate or complex is of use. I think this is true when you're not even feeling scared, you still get that adrenalin rush.

"Yoda quote
    "Accuracy" in a REAL fight is managing to hit a HEAD with a FIST."

Its true, but so many people I know insist on training with things that just aren't practical in a fight.......

ps On that subject I watched some of Karls STAB vid last night. I like a lot of the stuff he does. I couldn't find the STAB thread. The guy I watched it with was thinking about doing some knife sessions based on it and what we already do!

15. YODA

Hey PGM

There's a S.T.A.B. course in Huddesfield by Karl THIS Sunday (23rd March).

I'll be there - it would be great to meet you!

16. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

It would be good to see you and also Karls work up close. I'll mention it to my Kung Fu people tonight!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2003
  17. Andy Murray

I'm bored, and this threads total dross, so I thought I'd share a little story!

I once broke a guys wrist with Phoenix Eye Fist.

I used to work with a guy who was a know it all about everything, and according to him had done it all. He had the kind of 'Karate is it' mentality that makes my teeth ache. Anyway, he was telling me how Karate was this, and Karate was that, so I challenged him to a test.

We'd just been unpacking a delivery, and had some large empty cardboard boxes about a Metre square.

I asked him if he could put his hand through the side of the box, to which he replied "Of course". He wound up, and sent a badly dented box sailing across the area several times, yet never penetrated it. he seemed quite impressed with himself nevertheless.

I took a fresh box, hit it once, and left a nice neat hole in the middle without moving the box, then grinned and walked away.

He was hitting boxes any spare moment he got all day, then next thing I knew, he was being carted off to hospital nursing a broken wrist.

Yup, you guessed it, I used Phoenix Fist.

Those who don't know what this is; basically make a fist, pop up the middle index finger knuckle, and brace it by placing the thumb against the nail end of the finger.
    To the untrained eye, all you see is the fist. You can't put a lot of weight behind it unless you follow the conditioning programme I mentioned earlier, but it does have some low percentile applications as Yoda has said.

:D

18. goatnipples2002

What are you saying?

So is it obsolete to train my phoenix eye? I understand it takes a while to be able to put any thrust behind it and not damage your joints. Is it practical?:confused: :confused: :confused:

19. YODA

Yes - that's what I'm saying. YMMV of course.

20. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I should have given that some thought before I went off and tried it.:cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.