Petition to Bring Pankration to London 2012!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Alexander, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

lol it cracks me up everytime!!

2. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

God, could he be more British?

You've got to love that half-hearted "yaaaaaaay" from the guy holding the camera after his thing about every sport being invented by the British.

Chicago 2016!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  3. JEEPEE

JEEPEE Valued Member

He clearly has no idea what Pankration is,and this is exactly the peptalk the ioc dus NOT want to hear,to nationalistic.
    The Chinese atleast where suptile about it,this is a tank raming a building.
    I'm affraid that he has a lot to lern about diplomatie,as this is NOT the way to get what you whant.
    Some peaple will lough with this,but i don't,the games are a world event,not that of one country,whatever country !!!

4. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

JEEPEE think your being far too sensitive. A lot of the talk was clearly tongue in cheek. Whether people laugh or not will largely depend on their ability to understand the British sense of humour but either way the Mayor of London is not going to change. Also, I strongly doubt that you have any idea just how nationalistic the Chinese coverage of the olympics actually was... what's said in Chinese in China is not the same as what is said to foreign reporters. Boris is just waffling in his usual way and inevitably he will offend some people but at least in this case such offence is not justified.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You're not kidding. Turns out he's a descendant of King James.
    [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dozUkeDXXgw[/ame]

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

and the missing the point award goes to....

7. JEEPEE

JEEPEE Valued Member

That's just the point i wanted to make;
    Many peaple whant something from the next games,but it's not by behaving like a bulldog that you will get there.
    You can discus these things BEHIND the scene,and get results,or be to overly nationalistic,and get nothing.
    I realise all to well haw nationlistic the Chinese where,and i don't like it.
    In fact, i hate it,but .....
    At least thy where not as,well,bulldog like,in the open,as this.
    I like the British Humor,but not everyone dus,so if he whants to ruin the games,this is the way to do it.

8. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Did you find his discussion of British people playing wiffle waffle at the dinner table really to be that much of an issue?

9. JEEPEE

JEEPEE Valued Member

I think that you are missing the point here.
    The only thing that count's is to represent your country in a "dipolmatic"way.
    He is the mair of London,but will be seen by manny as the representatif of the UNITED KINGDOM,even if he isen't,and that's my point.

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You don't really understand the British. So long as he makes a mess of things without malice and with humour then we aren't really going to care. The consensus will be 'If you can't take a joke' as it is here.
    He was voted in because of the way he is, not despite it.