Personal frustration

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by JJJ845, Feb 15, 2012.

1. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Just as a note, the human jaw is strong enough to happily crack bone - as are our teeth. Having a nasty little scar on my arm where someone decided to take a large chunk of flesh out with their teeth, I can assure you that the psychological effect is not to be underestimated - and in my case it wasn't really a fight, but a hysterical episode where I was trying to restrain them.

There is something fundamentally psychologically disturbing about someone trying to rip a chunk of your body away with their teeth, which being punched can't quite measure up to.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

A bite that is just a bite WILL **** you off no doubt

However, there is a science to the bite - in my style we train to rip large chunks of flesh off when we bite and we train to bite in an uninterrupted fashion. Google Kina mutai to see Vu in action with it

That said, biting is my last resort - I have never used it yet, although I did have a tough steak a few nights ago

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yes, that's why I would get so enraged. Fireworks. "You bit me!?!" It's carnal, it's bestial. Humans just don't do that except to their food. We just don't do that. A line got crossed.

4. Goshin Wow-za

Goshin Wow-za Valued Member

Meh. I'd rather suffer a clean break than serious tendon and ligament damage any day.

Perhaps your definition of a joint attack and my definition in this context differ greatly. Maybe you could give me an example of a non-devastating joint attack that, when applied successfully at full force, would result in minimal injury?

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I think the key words there are succsessfully and at full force.

Joint locks tend to target joints. Any 'bone break' is a side effect from the dislocation of the joint.

I would take a good blood strangle over a joint lock anyday.

6. Goshin Wow-za

Stop the presses! We finally found a point we both agree on!:cool:

7. Goshin Wow-za

I see you are also skilled in the art of conversational circle jutsu - The art of speaking in circles until the opponent gets dizzy and gives up. :bow1:

kidding Fusen, kidding.:D

8. Dead_pool

There are many standing locks that if applied correctly are devastating. But not to physchopaths and there extremely hard to apply when the chips are down. Same deal with newaza but the attacks are more high percentage, but you are in more of a prone position with them.

Fact for the day - unconciousness is the best restraint.

9. jspicer

jspicer Valued Member

I think that we all are forgetting that, yeah Forrest Griffin can get his arm broken in a match and still win BECAUSE he is trained to do so. he is conditioned to work thru pain. As are a lot of martial artist. pain compliance is an EXCELLENT way to work with someone that is not conditioned for it. Weather it is destroying their range of motion or causing massive pain to a nerve or joint.

I use pain compliance on a daily basis, I know it works. I experience it working every day. I understand where you all are coming from though.

10. JamesR

JamesR Valued Member

I HATE! the fact that when ANYONE mentiones "Ju Jitsu" it's always BJJ!

It's been in the spotlight for the last couple of years yet it seems to be the only "Ju Jitsu" that people know of. And again, people do it for a month or 2 and suddenly they are "Rock solid cage fighters" - As far as I am aware, JJJ contains a large amount of BJJ anyway since as you will probably know, it came from it!

REALLY boils my blood too.

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Thing is BJJ is pretty consistent in its delivery and its goals.

The same can't be said for Jujutsu over here and of course many people, both Joe public and other MAers, don't really know what JJJ is or what it involves because of this inconsistency.

To be honest I'm not sure that some of the Jujutsu in the UK should even be classed as JJJ anymore, British Jujutsu seems to have developed into something else.

I'm not saying that as a criticism simply an observation.

Not sure why the popularity of BJJ winds you up, it's a good solid art that many people will benefit from. If it is because it seems to overshadow JJJ then why is that an issue for you?

You might want to look into the development of BJJ a bit more.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  12. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I do actually agree, I prefer to say BJJ, lately I've been getting lazy and saying Jujitsu though.

It came from Judo though, just FYI :)

13. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You guys have it easy!

You should try the mouthful I have to say to give the system I study its full name.

14. Dead_pool

So BJJ comes from WJJF style jiujitsu??

Lol!

What boils my blood is intellectual dishonesty.

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Hmmm. That's some ambiguous English right there. I hope you meant that BJJ came from JJJ. :D