Personal Dilemma

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by TonyMc, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

True, but again I ask, "what qualifies you to ask such a question?"

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

A good history of posting worthwhile information and honest points of view goes a long way here at MAP.
    It's worth trying.

3. Blue Cupboard

Blue Cupboard New Member

Me - well I'm average its just that I like to train with people better than me and unfortunately I have been to many a seminar with high ranking instructors to find out that they were no better than me and often much worse, they rely on demonstrating on compliant stooges.

4. Blue Cupboard

Blue Cupboard New Member

An analytical and questioning mindset

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Really. Ok show us the footage of how much better than them you are and if your any good we will come train with you. ;)

6. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Blue Cupboard...at last we are in agreement here! Evidence please!!! Who are you? :D

7. Blue Cupboard

Blue Cupboard New Member

Wondered if he was worth training with ?

8. Pat OMalley

Or you could come to the 8th FMA Festival in October in Luton and demonstrate in front of all the seniors just how much better than them you are. I'm sure they would be interested in seeing such great skill. ;)

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Well going by his credentials, his standing with someone well respected in the FMA community (Pat) and open attitude on MAP I'd say yes.
    Your mileage may vary of course so it's probably best to go along to his classes, introduce yourself "I'm Mr Cupboard" and see for yourself.
    That's what most people do.
    Form a provisional opinion based on what they can find out that is then revised on personal experience.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Lots of typing but no substance

Peters qualifications are well established as is he - you on the other hand are contributing nothing but wa-wa noises. What is your rank and background?(see? I don't even want your name so you can stay nice and safe hiding behind your keyboard...Nikolai)

11. Peter Lewis

Priceless, Mr Smith!!! :D

12. Blue Cupboard

Blue Cupboard New Member

I haven't got great skill that's the point

13. Pat OMalley

But you said.

So if they are as you quote 'often much worse' than you then obviously your skill level must be better than them so show me and show them how much better Mr Average Cupboard is.

14. Pat OMalley

Otherwise your claims are all noise and no substance.

15. Blue Cupboard

Blue Cupboard New Member

Only asked peter to show what he's got , he's the one advertising not me. Others with senior ranks demonsrate their skills ie Pat O'Malley. I don't claim to have any great skills .

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

One reason why I stopped posting under a pseudonym years ago was because I had to introduce myself to someone in the real world and felt like a muppet using my user name. :)

17. Pat OMalley

But you claim to be better than most you have seen so show us.

I've seen Peter in action and he knows exactly what he is doing he is held in high regard both here in the UK and in the Philippines and if that's not good enough for you then you really need to show us how good you really are. You can wear a mask if your scared of people seeing your face? But trying to rubbish a respected instructors credentials without and substance of your own is just noise.

18. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Swing your purse at him April. :rolleyes:

19. Pat OMalley

I would quite happily train with Peter if I wanted to learn Bakbakan or Bahad Zubu in more depth and that says a lot because I have had the fortune to train with some of the best in the world and I'm very fussy who I train with no matter how good they are.

20. Peter Lewis

Blue Cupboard...you are wrong yet again! No part of any of my posts is advertising...no mention of venue, dates, prices etc because that is not permitted on MAP! I will happily show what I've got to anyone that isn't hiding, as I have on many occasions...Pat has seen what I've got many times, as have most of the senior FMA practitioners in the UK. Like the Cupboard Door...CASE CLOSED!!!