Pendekar Paul DeThouars' passing.

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Sijo Frank, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Sijo Frank

Sijo Frank New Member

It is with deep regret in the Silat community that Pendekar Paul DeThouars has passed away recently. He will be missed by many Silat practitioners around the world.

2. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

Rest in peace Pendekar.

Thank you.

3. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

This is a great loss to the international Silat world. I got to meet uncle Paul on several occasions the last couple of years and all I can say is:

For me he is the personification of what the word Guru means, very highly technically skilled, very approachable and humble in words and actions. Plenty of humor and wise words as well.

The way he devised Pukulan Pentjak Silat Bukti Negara is such an accomplishment, such an intricate style, effective, subtle and no energy wasted.

We will truely miss him.

Selamat Jalan Oom Paul.

4. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

It's always sad to see the passing of a teacher/master. RIP Pendekar Paul DeThouars.

LFD

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

RIP.
    I new his brother Vic, but never got to meet Paul or the other brothers. Heard many good things about him, though.

6. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

I was fortunate to have the opportunity to attend a seminar with Uncle Paul last year; he was knowledgeable, intelligent, able to explain clearly and patient with everyone, and it is very sad to read of his passing.

7. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

HarryF, you happened to be on what seminar, perhaps we have met ;-)

8. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Rugby, UK; were you at that one too?