Pencak Silat in France

Discussion in 'Silat' started by MadJack, Dec 4, 2012.

1. MadJack

MadJack New Member

Madjack, we have a policy on advertising at MAP that precludes someone posting here simply to promote their class, club, or product. We'd love to have you here as a contributing poster. But we don't permit posts that solely exist to link readers to video, blogs, websites, or other forms of promotion. Thanks for understanding. -ap

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  2. MadJack

MadJack New Member

Oh... sorry about that. I will try to contribute then ^^

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

That would be terrific, mate. I'd love to see the Silat forum livened up a bit. It's on a roll lately, and I would love to see that continue.

4. Jerome Blanes

Jerome Blanes Member

No go

These threads wont live up cos on this forum we are not allowed to tell eachother where the Silat clubs are to be found. Bad situation.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This isn't true.

Advertising your own class isn't permitted, but suggestions and questions about other classes are not only permitted, but encouraged.

I can't type "I teach at ------- Street in Maidstone, Kent, but I can suggest other local classes, or even suggest that I teach local to a poster and am happy to help should they want to contact me.

MAP exists for it's members to not only discuss martial arts, but also to help and assist its members where possible.

A look around the place will confirm this for you.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Plus you are, of course, allowed a small link to your website as part of your sig :)

Mitch

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Have a look around the rest of the forum, Jerome. People tell other people about training opportunities all the time.

8. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

There are several pencak silat schools in France. Some of them i have heard about are:

- Schools of Charles Joussot near Paris (Student of Pak Turpijn in Setia Hati)
    - School of Eric Chatelier (also student of Pak Turpijn)
    - Schools of Franck Ropers (student of Charles Joussot)
    - Heard about a Seni Gayong school, don't know it
    - School of Panglipur (Taught also by Cecep Arif Rahman)
    - Cimande France (also with links to Cecep Arif Rahman)

Perhaps one of them was was what you meant :)

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Jerome,

I would also point out that the policy is designed to prevent people from coming here SOLELY to advertise their product. We invited "MadJack" to stay on as a contributing poster. And haven't heard a word since he accepted that invitation. Now, that's not a slight against MadJack. He came here with a plan, it didn't work out, and he presumably found other venues that would serve his plan better. That's fine. No hard feelings here. But I am pointing out that this is precisely what the policy was designed to avoid. Someone using MAP ONLY as a redirect to his product or service. People who frequent MAP and make contributions often get the opportunity, in one way or another, to make one another aware of training opportunities.

I'm afraid the idea that we can't tell one another about teachers is essentially baseless.

10. Jerome Blanes

Jerome Blanes Member

tumbleweeds........

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Jerome, you teach silat, yes? Surely you can come up with something more substantive to say than "tumbleweeds." If you want the silat forum to liven up, liven it up.