Pena vs Eye

Discussion in 'MMA' started by maressa, Aug 31, 2015.

1. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

I have noticed that Jessica has a tendency to leave her chin high in the air instead of tucking it down. That's how Meisha was able to land those big right hands on her. Also she often carries her right hand too low, leaving herself open to the left jab. Juliana needs to exploit that. Also, Jessica has good takedown defense but if you do take her down her ground game is so so. Juliana needs to work on her takedowns.
    Jessica is a good fast counter puncher. If Juliana comes out throwing combos as she often does, she could eat some leather from evil Eye. She needs to keep that in mind. She should also work on stopping leg kicks as Jessica is a good leg kicker.

Some say Jessica is past her prime but I don't know. She gave Sara Kaufman and Meisha Tate all they wanted. She can still fight. But is she still the same evil Eye who dominated Bellator womens division?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

So anyway, who are you picking in this fight?

3. HairoNoSora

HairoNoSora Valued Member

My gut says Pena, Eye is higher rated but I dunno.. The majority of Eye's wins were decisions while Pena's wins were all finished.
    Also, Eye's skillset is completly on the standup striking side, Pena at least has some ground game. It's prob going to be a submission.

Well, thats my thoughts, as if I actually know anything :p

4. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

Congrats Juliana!!! She beat a top 10 fighter, a much more experienced fighter. She didn't put Jessica away but neither has anyone else. That said, I think its a mistake for her to call out Ronda now. Shes not at that level yet. She needs at least fight against a top 5 opponent first.

5. HairoNoSora

HairoNoSora Valued Member

They all want to fight ronda, that armbar is like a initiation ritual for that weightclass or something :p

6. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

She will get a Rhonda fight ..unless rhonda retires undefeated first ..

7. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

Juliana says she was not happy with her performance against Eye. Seems she needs more fights before she reaches the elite level.

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

That is smart on her part. I wish Holly Holm thought the same. She isn't ready for RR either yet.

9. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Situations are a bit different though aren’t they? Someone is saying they aren’t ready for the next step in general interviews the other received a phone call to say you have a title shot
    What was she meant to do, say sorry no I don’t want it? If she did that her career would have been almost over as far as Dana would be concerned
    I think she knows its too early, and I think everyone knows its too early but the problem is RR has basically wrecked the division so this is what we are left with
    You don’t say no to this kind of chance, and to be honest she can wait a year and still not be ready, the skill set she needs to beat RR is simply not learned in a year or two, it takes a lifetime to learn

10. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

11. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

12. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

She was fighting with injuries she suffered in training. I won't say what they were because she asked me not to.