PayPal just stole Christmas

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by holyheadjch, Dec 6, 2011.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

This could probably sit in the customer service thread or the Christmas thread, but it made me so angry, I hit the new thread button instead.

I hate Christmas, but I now hate PayPal even more.

http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/05/cats-1-kids-0/

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

This is the problem with these stories though, people are too accepting of first point of call customer service peeps telling them no.
    Email all the VPs with your problem laid out and your complaints itemised, along with what you see as a reasonable resolution, and then mention lawyers, customer protection laws and the media. I'm sure it would be resolved fairly quickly.

3. Ben Gash CLF

See, they actually accepted this response!!!

4. holyheadjch

I think what she has done is more likely to elicit a response than an email to a VP's secretary.

5. holyheadjch

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

PayPal has somewhat of a terrible reputation from incidents long before this one. If you Google it you can find no shortage of people who have had beef with PayPal.

7. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

8. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I am really glad it ended up being a good thing. I am sure that extra $100 definitely helped someway. :cool:

9. holyheadjch

But what about the people they do this to who can't initiate an internet backlash?

10. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I didn't think about that, but I am sure it must happen a lot. Heck, I have been swindled out of my money online on more than one occasion and never spoken up because of all the trouble it entitles.

I hope that this story would motivate people to speak up if they are wronged, and hopefully gain similar results, or at least stops these things from occurring so much.

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Never had a problem with paypal. I had a seller not send me something once, I had paid for the item with paypal and they refunded my money. Hope your issue gets settled, please let us know how it works out.

12. poryu

poryu Valued Member

HI

I have had issue after issue with paypal with accounts frozen and closed
    I currently have over £1000 frozen in one account they say I can have in Feb 2012, I know it will be maybe april 2012 before they hand it over.

And when you ask to speak to a supervisor they say no and they refuse and you get no where.

And they ignore your emails or pass them to someone else who says NO

Lawyers, hahahaha, I did that and they just literally laughed at me on the phone. Told me that as they were in Luxembourg (I am in the UK) they could do what they want when they want and they can get away with it. i was told take us to court if you like we wont turn up and you will win the case, but as we are in Luxembourg we dont care. by the time you have filed everything we will have released your money

they dont care they are a law unto themselves. They closed my Mrs account purely because she knows me. They also said they will close any account of any one who knows me freezing money in the accounts.

Just go to Youtube and type paypal problems and sit back and read the horror stories.

13. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

You are right, we should just sit back and let people steal from us and treat us like crap.

14. Ben Gash CLF

Yeah, see Luxembourg being an EU member state, they should care because a decision in an English court would be pretty enforcible (although it would be a drawn out process). Luxembourg isn't Zanzibar you know.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011