Pasta is the food of the gods.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Master Betty, Aug 9, 2010.

1. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

And its not the best of the packs is it? :) Do you know if Duncans is still going now they lost the contract to provide the chocolate?

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Tomatoes are Homosexual?

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

And Carrots can't walk. Don't judge!

4. mortimer657

mortimer657 Valued Member

haha they did when i was still serving up to 2007. I couldnt say right now. I used to love the choc n raisin. The plain was ok as well though. I had quite a few bars that were oxidised and had gone white haha.

Also i used to love the lemon and orange drinks....always carried 3 water bottles..one with water alone, one with orange and one with lemon. Though i did take to eating them as a sherbert as well with a spoon after end-ex had been called haha. Used to make ya gums go like Esther Ransans.

Morti.

5. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Duncans long gone. Replaced by Yorky bars ('not for civvies' on the wrapper). Recently they've been replaced by another bar, but I can't remember what it is. Lots of bags of mixed nuts in there now, and pate generally replaced by tuna in mayo sachets. Lemon and orange drinks replaced by lucozade isotonic sports sachets. Coffee is now Kenco sachets and T bags are back. Biscuits brown and biscuits fruit still in. :)

6. mortimer657

mortimer657 Valued Member

Christ...i'd forgotten about those..the biscuits fruit were ok..in the purple foil wrapper/bag but the biscuits brown.....i think they were really only any good for eating if you had diarrhoea and wanted to eat something that would bung you up haha. Mind you i used to quite like the oatmeal cake. Though they werent around for long if memory serves.
    I remember the pate's as well. Another candidate for being eaten with a spoon on occasions haha.

I also remember the lads used to eat left over rat packs if they'd been out on a heavy one on the tiles haha...as well as foraging through the bin for the remnants of that chinese they'd maybe eaten before going out....11 hours previously hahahaha:confused: Squaddies are indeed..animals at times. haha. Brilliant times.

Morti

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

That's not oxidised it's just the cocoa butter bloom, it's only a good fat.