Paramilitary training?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Janno, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Janno

Janno Valued Member

A quote from Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje:

PEKITI-TIRSIA : DISTURBING REPORT FROM KOREA
    ;
    TIM WAID OFFICIALLY EXPELLED FROM THE PEKITI-TIRSIA KALI GLOBAL GRAND ALLIANCE COUNCIL OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS A MONTH AGO FOR CULPABLE VIOLATION OF THE PEKITI-TIRSIA DISCIPLNE AND OTHERS FORMS OF UNREPORTED ACTIVITIES THAT ARE UNLAWFULL THAT AFFECTS THE REPUTATION AND DIGNITY OF THE PEKITI-TIRSIA WITHIN THE MILITARY ORGANIZATION BY SELLING MILITARY TRAINING VIDEOS WITHOUT PERMISSION DURING THE UPRISING IN EGYPT .

NOW THERE IS A VALID REPORT FROM SOUTH KOREA THAT TIM WAID IS CONDUCTING A TRAINING WITH 6 KOREANS CHARGING EACH ONE FOR $ 10,000 .00 WITH A GUARANTEE AS INSTRUCTORS THAT THEY CAN TEACH THE MILITARTY IN KOREA ON PEKITI-TIRSIA EDGED IMPACT WEAPON PROGRAM AND OTHER FORMS OF EDGED WEAPON UNDER PEKITI-TIRSIA MILITARY PROGRAM OF INSTRUCTIONS. THE TIME TIM WAID WAS EXPELLED FROM THE ORGANIZATION HIS RANK AS A TUHON STOPS THERE AND ALL HIS REPRESENTATIONS ARE DENIED AND HE HAS NO RIGHT TO REPRESENT PEKITI-TIRSIA IN ANY MANNER.

As of this writing I have instructed the Director of the Security for the protection of the Intellectual property to send a Memorandum to the KOREAN ARMED FORCES TO INVESTIGATE THE ACTIVITIES OF TIM WAID AND TO EXECUTE THROW OUT ORDER TO LEAVE KOREA AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . HE IS A DISGRACE TO THE KOREAN PEOPLE BY CHARGING $ 10,000 FOR A SEMINAR NOT AUTHORIZED BY ME AND CONSENT FROM THE TUHONS COUNCIL.

Basically, it sounds to me like TW's been offering paramilitary training, in a course designed and delivered by himself, but based on the Pekiti Tersia style he's picked up from Leo Gaje.

This raises a few questions:

1. Is Pekiti Tersia a style, or a recognised organisation?

2. Is it illegal/wrong for Tim Waid to pass on his knowledge - knowledge that he has already paid for and assimilated?

3. Is it illegal/wrong for Tim Waid's clients to pass on knowledge that they have paid for and assimilated from training with him?

4. Leo Gaje stated that he and Tim Waid were still friends, despite TW leaving the group. If TW is separate from the group now, does LG have any say in his conduct and use of knowledge?

5. If the Koreans were looking for authentic PTK instruction, why did they approach TW instead of LG?

The thing is that i deliver training in Rapid Arnis, Krav Maga, and combatives. Most of my knowledge and training was based upon knowledge and training assimilated from sources external to myself. Even when delivering bespoke combative training to groups, i will say where i picked things up from (much of the CQC/Hostile Environment training i deliver is based upon RA and KM techniques), without the direct permission or knowledge of my instructors. My instructors have never once interfered or questioned what i am delivering outside of their brand identity. Rather, i would like to believe that their brand identity is stronger because of the good work i do, the credit i give, and the input/development i bring to the system.

I have never been asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement, and have proven myself a skilful and ethical representative of the system. If i went completely my own direction though, i do not think they would have any problem in supporting me, as they have supported others who have passed through and moved on. Why is PTK so different? Surely, at the end of the day, it is like any other combative system, composed of tactics, movement, and perception - is it so fragile and so precious that it must be guarded in such a brutal and exaggerated fashion?

Or maybe it's about the money, and LG doesn't like the fact that he's now in direct competition with TW...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

We have a winner!

I can still teach/grade PFS RAT - I just don't call it that anymore because that is not my affiliation. If you were good enough to hold the grade a falling out does not affect that, nor does it affect the materials quality

3. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

All Tim Waid has to do really is rename it Pekiti Tirsia Eskrima. Like you said, the paramilitary aspect of PTK was largely drawn out from Tim Waid's Marine Corps background. If it's anyone's "intellectual property" the paramilitary side of PTK (to include jungle survival school) should be Tim's.

4. bisdak-escrema

bisdak-escrema New Member

gaje is an embarrassment to the kali/arnis/escrima community, and a much worst embarassment as a pilipino with all his rituals, antics and please review MAP's policy on masked profanity and i'm ashamed to call my self one because of him.

i strip him of his filipino citizenship, from now on he is no longer allowed to live in the philippines nor speak the local tongue.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  5. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

1. Who's this "Director of the Security"?

2. Has he talked to an Intellectual Rights lawyer to ascertain that 1). this is in fact intellectual right infringement and 2). that he has a case in Korea?

3. Investigate for what? There has to be a valid reason to initiate an investigation. And who'll be the investigating body?

4. Does Gaje really know how a PNG order works within the context of geo-politics? There's no crime and from what I know the only reasons for PNG are diplomatic, military & state security issues. (maybe ap can give us more info here, since he's in the DC area:D)

Gaje's speaking out of his own behind once again and this issue is way above his pay-grade.:love:

My advice:
    Just congratulate Tim Waid, ask him to use a different name and logo for his new school, and be done with this Tim Waid affair, take the high road and look good doing so. Instead of continually being perceived as a fool.

6. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

This is actually the only thing that concerns me, if I learn that TW's Close-Quarter-Combat videos were instrumental in Ms. Lara Logan's attack in that fateful night in Tahrir Square, I'll personally hold Tim Waid responsible.:rolleyes:

7. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Hey, Janno, where is this pronouncement from? I thought from Gaje's fb, but it wasn't?

8. Janno

Janno Valued Member

9. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

10. shootodog

shootodog restless native

Uh-oh. Someone thinks he got promoted to king of the world again.

11. shootodog

Look what came in the ol message box.

12. shootodog

IF I were Tim, I would just drop the PTK and re-invent myself along the lines of RBSD.

13. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

LOL!:love:

I agree, shoot, just separate away fast, make your own school, go back to the Philippines realign yourself with another group(s)--which is what most former PTKs do.

14. shootodog

Actually, Tim Waid is doing lots of seminars in the Philippines. One is the up and coming STREET SMART SERIES on Security and Personal Safety Workshop of Artemis Defense & Security Solutions (being held today in AIM). He doesn't need to align with anyone.

Just dump the PTK tag and move on.

15. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Good for Tim!

I figured since PTK will probably mess with him in the Philippines, he'll need to make friends with others, like Mumbakki after he was ousted.

Love that name, Kalitrons--rhymes with Voltron, also my favourite cartoon.

My question, why did this Maj. Ecarma pick Tim Waid? I'm sure this guy's met a bunch of US Marine Infantry Sgt. before, these guys are a dime a dozen, especially ones who return to the Philippines.

Why did Tim get to teach Philippine Marines and not the Sese brothers? Because it looks like they are undermining Tim here again.

16. shootodog