Panjo Street Self Defense

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by IMC_BMOC, Aug 7, 2013.

1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Nor does my system work on people who are in front of me.

Oh no it doesn't :(

For that I am about to release Bango style.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

sold

He's a good motivational speaker, but unfortunately he's jumping on the TCMA vs MMA argument bandwagon.
    I been training in KF since a young age before I knew who Bruce Lee was or any of these Animes and KF flicks that your "Master" stated was his inspirations.
    My Father taught me KF, a style he learnt during post WW2 China and HK. At a certain age, he sent me to a school to carry on.

How "traditional" is that?

Here's the thing. I'm a massive MMA fan. I wish I can train like a Pro level MMA fighter, all day, every day making my fighting skills better, whilst making (very little) money in something I love doing.
    Then testing it with people of similar skill-set without killing myself or others.

How is that not the idea or philosophy of being a MAist?

Want to go back to the romanticised Chinese Shaw Bros movie training? Feel free to do housework and gardening for your school, cooking, cleaning, shopping, be broke etc.
    But hey...you can eye gouge just fine.

3. gapjumper

Ok mr Arash Dibazar, on a serious note:

Why in the video you posted with "Elektra" does she seem to lose her balance when she tries to kick you in the stones?

And if you had slightly longer arms she couldn't reach at all using just a kick.

Or if you were side on you would remove your nads from danger.

Can you explain how your system deals with these issues?

4. IMC_BMOC

IMC_BMOC New Member

Because the creator is Persian.

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'd just like to point out that I though of the same "on a rug" joke as Hannibal.
    I thought of it 15 years ago though.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Where's Persia on a map?

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

But the techniques aren't - that's like me mixing Karate and Capoeira and saying it's English

8. gapjumper

Would that be Krapoerate?

9. Hannibal

I found some Persian boxing...

[​IMG]

10. Hannibal

I am now making a style up just to use that word!!

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

That doesn't make something Persian-based, as you stated. If he has a black belt in BJJ (Brazilian) and he's twirling nunchaku (Okinawan), and throwing jump spinning kicks (Korean), etc., then this style is drawing from those sources. His country of origin is irrelevant if that's not the source of technique.

I mean, if you want to create your own style, I'm not here to stop you. But if you expect people to buy into it, you need to be able to stand by what you say. And if the first thing you say is misinformation, people aren't likely to queue up for the rest of it.

If he wants to found and teach his own style, hey, follow your bliss I say. But anticipate that experienced people are going to take you to task for your claims and dissuade newer people from listening to them.

You have every right to make claims. But no right whatsoever to have them go unchallenged.

12. gapjumper

The moment of an arts creation, verifiable and witnessed by many. Is this a world first???

:)

13. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Dear IMC BMOC,
    How long do I need to take Jenga before I can defeat any man? What about a bear? If I take Bongo for three years, could I beat up a bear? I have scheduled a fight with a bear in three years, so I hope that's enough time... Also, a thought... What if the bear knows Blammo? Can you teach a bear Canto?

14. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

If he wasn't trying to market himself as P-Diddy meets Neo, if he didn't keep harping on about his messianic saviour-of-MA delusion, if he didn't show double jumping kicks on a video supposedly about street fighting, if he didn't show women's SD techniques that would fall apart with any amount of pressure and not emphasize avoidance and attribute-building...

...then he might be taken seriously.

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

If its Persian aka Iranian and surrounding areas.... wheres the rich history of wrestling?

Saying BJJ dont count.

If its in the vids, Im sorry I switched off at Tornado resistant horse stance.

16. Hannibal

Countdown to teh founder of Banjo posting in 10-9-8-7..........

17. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

You're probably right, since typically the only reason people create a new system is to make money and use it as marketing hype. Sadly in most cases, as so far this one seems to be, there's always lots of style but little substance.

Poking around, I can see that he does have his black belt under Sandro Batata and otherwise has a lot of Tae Kwon Do experience. Apparently his specialty was demos and tricking, which makes sense. However, why does this combination require a new style?

Biting people on the street is a terrible idea. The last thing I want in a time when blood-borne diseases run rampant (e.g. HIV or hepatitis) is to have some dirty nutjob's blood in my mouth. Blood exposure is a big deal. Biting is also not 100% effective, therefore it goes against his claim that everything he teaches is 100% effective.

MMA's been a thing since 1993, 5 years before the creation of Panjo.

Honestly he sounds sleazy. He teaches guys how to be pickup artists and runs a fitness club just for women. Those two don't seem to go together with the noblest of intentions.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  18. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

You represent the school well. I'd be surprised if you weren't Arash yourself or one of his instructors considering the use of BMOC.

If anyone's been drinking the Kool Aid, it's you in this thread.

How does his Persian heritage define what he is doing, which is basically a mix of Korean/Japanese/Brazilian? It doesn't. It's marketing hype.

19. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

I think there should be a Banjo style. I come from Appalachia so I have encountered some serious Banjo abuse over the years.

The training could involve large quantities of moonshine...

I can think of some technique names:

Clawhammer of doom
    Scrugg's style resonator of death
    Foggy armbar breakdown

20. Hannibal

Theakstons Old Peculiar