Padded stick sparring (ARPI style)

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by pinoy, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Yeah but you don't need luck Peter, you got me in your corner and you know how scared the judges are of me;) Now should you not be taking your girlfriend out round the village or something, or maybe you have some studying to do.:D

2. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

any links where we can read arpi rules?

3. Diego_Vega

Diego_Vega Frustrated pacifist

From what I recall, your teacher Jon, is a certified referee for ARPI. He should know as much as anyone here.

4. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

thanks for the tip!

5. cyk-o

cyk-o New Member

Hmm!!! I wonder u you are referring 2???
    An additional training 4 us is the TIMING , ENDURANCE & FOOTWORK. Having watch some " experts", u feel u can improve, right bro.

6. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

u know who im referring to bro henyo :p , our best buddy, hit first before teach :D hehehehe. I'll watch you, I know I'll learn :p

7. stickgirl

stickgirl Valued Member

Women and Arpi?

Hi Guys

I know that Pat is taking a team over to the philippines in Dec, and I am curious how many women enter the Arpi tournements there? :confused:

These isn't a whether women should or shouldnt do it thread, but a will there be anyone to fight if I go out there question so serious relies please, no flamming.

Cheers
    :D

8. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

hi stick girl! :)

concerning your question, i don't know but I guess the tournament committee members or director could answer your question. Last ARPI tourney held April 15,16& 17, 2005 for the selection of Philippine team, I saw 2-3 big foreigner guys in the zamboanga team, I don't have anything bout our bro in other countries, but I thought that was a selection for Philippine team :D . So I thought they were there to watch & join the parade. But I've heard on the third day, on heavy weight category, they fought :p , meaning, If Im not mistaken, you too can enter the tourney, depending if our filipina girls would want to face you in the ring :D

gud lak, I'll be watching you i the sidelines :p