Pacquaio vs. Alvarez being discussed

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

That sort of thing can backfire though. Manny is a very offensive fighter and his offense also kind of serves as his defense. Getting a guy like him to get good at defense might mess up his offense.

2. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

well not now, I was speaking in terms of like 8-10 years ago or more. I realize he does use a relentless attack, which yes, can serve as offense. However, if you are a fast counterpuncher... or just have great timing, that will eventually catch up to you.

3. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Me too.

4. Saved_in_Blood

BTW, all of this came up a while ago (whenever I had started the thread). I guess arum and DLH or one of the guys at GB were discussing it, but Alvarez is just to big. Aside from who you may like in a Floyd vs. Manny fight (that won't happen) Floyd could fight Alvarez the way he could because he has 2 inches or so in height over Manny as well as quite a reach advantage, that made things a little more equal when he fought Alvarez... except for weight of course.

I thought it was a terrible idea and still do. Alvarez is fighting Lara and should focus solely on that one because Lara is trouble for a lot of guys. I know he got hurt vs. Angulo, but he's still an exceptional counterpuncher and equal in size to Saul.

5. Saved_in_Blood

I don't personally see an issue with Manny going back down to 140... Garcia is there and is an easy win for Manny for another title... he's still undefeated and was lucky that Judah couldn't still pull the trigger. I'd also like to see Garcia rematch Matthysee ... doubt that will happen though.

6. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

:eek:

My prayers have been answered?

Time to start a new thread

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I'm thinking this will be an interesting one as well.

Predictions?

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  8. belltoller

I was gonna say "go for it" but I see you already did

9. Saved_in_Blood

10. belltoller

A few things I came away with from the Roach interview: It would be at a catchweight - probably 150lb; I thought it funny when Roach said that Canelo was the number 1 PPV fighter in the world. Some digs at Floyd in there, no doubt. LOL.

11. Saved_in_Blood

Yeah I know, what did his last fight do 350k buys ? I don't recall, he's popular for sure, but popular in a poor country.