Overeem Vs Lesnar in the UFC!!!!!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Ben Gash CLF, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Brutal

Brutal Banned Banned

I know how Overeem feels. Been there done that.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Care to be specific?

3. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I don't know, Champ. Getting in a fight with a trained heavyweight MMA fighter would mean this for most people:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu3lbg_RKt4"]Bas Rutten Breaks Spleen (quick version) - YouTube[/ame]

And that's just a non-adrenalin hyped punch. Judging by your pics and video, I have to guess you wouldn't be classed as a heavyweight fighter. 1300 pounds of force to the chin/face/head is going to sting a bit.

4. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

1) That would be you, NO doubt.

2) You wouldn't know - because you have neither.

Are you a Sifu... or just seafood? :confused:

5. Brutal

Brutal Banned Banned

Dominating an over hyped fighter.

6. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I'm always just so overwhelmed by your abundance of class.

7. Mushroom

Amazing. Had me at the edge of my seat with that tale.

8. Brutal

Brutal Banned Banned

Your Welcome.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I call bollocks on that one too

10. Mushroom

Actually can you regale us of yourtale of dominance over an over-hyped fighter?

We have quite a few fighters in MMA on MAP who shows videos of their fights at events and the such. So it would be helpful to the other MAPers that if you can contribute further for the education of others.

How was this person over-hyped (if this was an amateur bout were they a hot prospect, if a pro, which organisation? no need to mention names if you feel uncomfortable)

How did this affect you mentally?

What were his (or her) strengths and weakness and your strategy against it?

What was the final result? 3 round war? Quick TKO or Submission?

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Anyone who has had as many fights as Champ Pain and Brutal claim to have had without being rocked is in fantasy land.
    Even if all fghts have been won I would still expect to read of hospital visits, broken hands, knife wounds, nights in the cells, being charged with attempted murder and so on.

I've just finished reading Lennie Macleans book, a real bare knuckle hardman.

Somehow I believe his story above that of CP and Brutal.

12. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Brutal your verbal assistance here is pretty overwhelming. Maybe more than a one line post and some enlightenment on your experience.

Champ, for a martial artist you don't seem to have the respect that should accompany that field. Or is it that you have won so many fights that you have no need for it?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  13. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Then explain the chin - courage link to me. I can use 2 pretty easy examples to prove its wrong: Edgar got rocked like mad in both his fights against Maynard but he hung in through being a dude with one of the biggest hearts I've seen. Clearly however his chin isn't on par with someone like Leben. Bisping as well to a lesser extent: Weak chin, gets dropped almost every fight, but recovers very quickly and more often than not comes away with the win. Now I appreciate Bisping's a hated person but try not to let that cloud the facts too much.

Lesnar on the other hand seems to have an insane chin: He took punches from both Cain and Carwin and neither knocked him out, and at the end of the day that's what "chin" means. It's not synonymous with your mental ability to recover after a hit, it just means how susceptible you are to getting straight knocked out. Now if Carwin could pound on Brock for the best part of a round and not put him to sleep I'm more than happy to say Lesnar's chin is pretty damn good.

Does he struggle mentally with getting hit? Yes. But then arguably so does Frank Mir. Are we going to say he's a terrible fighter now and a little "biatch"?
    Lesnar's been an mma fighter for what? 3 years? That's nothing. I've seen quite a few people join a striking class and need a little bit of time to get used to taking punches to the face and that's from other beginners. Lesnar is still a baby as far as striking goes and he was getting in the cage with some of the hardest hitters in mma. He was thrown in at the deep end because he sold ppvs.

I get people are always going to hate certain fighters but man does it bug me when that hate gets in the way of people being able to think about things properly instead of sitting on their **** in their living room going "a pro fighter just beat him up, he's so crap and I hate him so he must be a complete can." Even worse when people think winning "hundreds" of street fights mean they could do half of what these guys do. Just as a general point now to round out my rant, there's plenty of mma promotions these days. If all these pros are such pussies then it should be plenty easy to get in there yourself and clean house right?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  14. Southpaw535

Your little sister got into your advent calender again this year huh?

15. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Damn, you're 18. Well spoken mate, from someone so young. Good to see that level of maturity in youth these days.

16. Southpaw535

Rough childhood. It makes you pretty good at emotionally disconnecting from things :p

17. Mushroom

Brutal has yet to tell us of his domination over a hyped fighter.

I'm intrigued. We all know he has the ability to type a few more grunts than what he types.

Then again I wonder if he still knows the difference between sparring and fighting.

18. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

WOW! Anothet me. LOL

19. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Brutal: Some folks here on MAP are NOT used to winning - so when guys like us explain our superiority in the fight game, they anal-lize it all, call it bollocks - and say we are bragging. We know the truth and we tell it like it is - besides, it aint braggin' if it's true... but they wouldn't know that, because they don't know us - so they just gang up and rag on winners and try very hard to put us down.

PS - don't be surprised if this particular group starts asking if you are my wife - they do that when others agree with my point of view.

I love you, man.

20. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Post of the year, right there. :cool: