Out of jkd for over 20 years, a reflection on missed years.

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by bluelaser, Sep 22, 2019.

1. bluelaser

bluelaser Valued Member

I've trained under inosanto - cass magda - dave carnell linage, back in the 90's and i've been out of it for 20 years and have only just got back into doing jkd, my health has gone downhill a lot over the years and i look back and only now do i relise how much i've fallen and how much time has been lost and only can imagine how good my health and also my skill would be if i'd not stopped training for 20 years.

But i've relised now is the time to make up for the missed years.

Better late than never.

ned, Monkey_Magic, axelb and 3 others like this.
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

It's fantastic your back training!

Did you find a JKD class near you in the end?

3. bluelaser

bluelaser Valued Member

Yes i did, under liam lucking who was an instructor at dave carnell's impact academy, After dave died the instructors went their seperate ways.
    I've been doing it on and off since august 2016, one of the instructors opened a gym so i'm doing weights everyday.

My self-employed business has taken a downturn this year and this has caused major stress hence why i'm at the gym and doing jkd to focus my mind and health out of a downward spiral it's too easy to let ones self go.

I hope your well yourself, not been on here much since 2016.

I'm just staying focused and motivated and hopefully things turn out good in the end.

ned, axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  4. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

A big thumbs up for re-starting. Enjoy getting back into martial arts!

bluelaser likes this.
  5. bluelaser

bluelaser Valued Member

I'm closing my unit down as my business has gone to nothing and so i'm focusing my attention to training
    and martial arts to get me through the stress of it all, to be honest it's the only thing i've got to look forward to.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Martial arts can be a great way to shed some stress and get away from everyday life.

Hope things pi k up for you, you can always chat with people on MAP if you want a friendly ear :)

Monkey_Magic, bluelaser and Xue Sheng like this.
  7. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Congratulations on your return to JKD. It is a great martial art IMO

bluelaser likes this.
  8. bluelaser

bluelaser Valued Member

Thanks for the comments, i do injoy it on here nice forum .