Our school moved

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Stevebjj, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

We just moved into a new space last week.

The space itself is great. Big rolling area with padded walls for us, and a three sided cage and bag rack for the MMA guys. Right now it's pretty warm, but there are two big garage doors that have been wide open, with two industrial fans going, so air moves well and it's kind of cool to roll in such open area.

Probably the best part is the new schedule. Being in our own space has allowed for many more classes than in the old location. I could train every day now if I were one of those 18 year olds with nothing else to do besides work and train! :) There are BJJ classes, no-gi classes, strength and conditioning classes, competition classes, open mat times, and classes just on takedowns.

Last night was my first takedown class. We focused on a Russian Arm Drag (Russian Tie) and a takedown from there. There was also a lot of focus on conditioning for explosive strength: burpees, sprawls, frog jumps and stuff like that. I plan to make three BJJ classes per week and then alternate between the gi and the no-gi takedown classes so that I get experience with both.

There really isn't any point to this post, other than just to share how glad I am that we're in our own space now.

2. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Always cool to share something like that, it's a *huge* deal.

And padded walls... hmmm, do we really need to comment on that one?!? :D

3. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Yeah, I thought about the implications when I wrote that! :)

4. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

and you knew *someone* would go there, lol

5. spirez

spirez Valued Member

My gym's going to be moving into a larger space downstairs from where we train now. It's about 200 square metres i think, gonna have all sorts of goodies in there too! Can't wait, especially after reading this.

6. ember

ember Valued Member

Congratulations on the new school! Our dojang moved to a larger space a few years back, and it's been awesome.

7. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

That's really cool Pesi. My club has training all week now as well. I just wish I was still a student and could train every day!!

8. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Yeah. There are some young guys who are just going crazy... practically living at the school now.

I really like the takedowns class.