Osama bin Laden a blackbelt Judoka??

Discussion in 'Judo' started by KidKrav, May 10, 2011.

1. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

TAICHUNG, Taiwan (Reuters) – Osama bin Laden stood out not just because of his height but because of his serious, conservative demeanor, according to a Taiwan man who says the al Qaeda leader, killed by U.S. troops on Monday, was a student in his judo classes in Saudi Arabia.

Jimmy Wu, a top Taiwan judo coach, told Reuters in an interview on the sidelines of a tournament in the central city of Taichung that he came across bin Laden when coaching the Saudi Arabian national judo team from 1981 to 1991.

Bin Laden, whom Wu then knew only as "Osama," attended classes at the judo center while still a university student. He was too tall for judo, and Wu said he advised him against the sport, but he was insistent so Wu accepted him.

"I didn't know the name bin Laden then," Wu said. "After 9/11 (attacks on New York and Washington), I was invited to a seminar, and some of my former students there said 'oh Jimmy, Osama, now he's our hero'. I was surprised and I looked for some pictures and I said 'oh this guy' and I started to have some memory of him."

Wu showed Reuters photographs of himself and a tall, thin, bearded, serious young man with a mop of black hair whom he said was Osama. Osama attended lessons two to three times a week but Wu never saw him again after 1984...

... Wu, now an Australian citizen who divides his time between Sydney, Taiwan and the Middle East, remembered an occasion when his wife came to find him at the judo center. She had wanted to go shopping and Wu was late.

"She came into the center and most of the students weren't bothered, some smiled, but one really tall one came to me and said 'who is that?'"

Wu replied that it was his wife.

"The tall one said 'this is the center, no women should be in here'. He did not approve. I have a particular memory of this. That was Osama."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110507/wl_nm/us_binladen_taiwan

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du9wGgJxsbg"]YouTube - Bin Laden's Judo coach[/ame]

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That's not Osama...it's Fred Harris!

3. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Who cares, that pile of turd is fish food now.

4. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

"Too tall for Judo"

Tell that to Teddy Riner

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Well that clears up the other thread

6. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

Did someone already make a thread on this?

derp:eek:

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

8. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Haven't you lot heard..

Chuck Norris lead the Seal Team which brought OBL to his maker.

Apparently, OBL wasn't shot by the Seals, as soon as he saw CN get off the chopper, he shot himself.

9. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I heard it was because he saw the majestic Norris beard in real life and realized his own scraggly sack of pubes on his chin would never come close. His brain couldn't fathom that an American had a better beard than his, so his head exploded when confronting the sheer awesomeness.

10. Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara Valued Member

Ippon! U.S. Navy Seals.