Origins unknown

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Mr.88, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Mr.88

Mr.88 New Member

MY latest requests regards the attached pic of my new knife, i just inherited this and a bowie knife form my Grandad who has done losts of travelling i was wondering if anybody knew any background information on this all i konw is my grandad said it was arabic (i cant ask him because he passed away) it has a 12 1/2" blade it is sharp on both edges and its an 1" across. Please check out the attached and if you have any info please report back.

Attached Files:

2. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Well im not sure aobut it being arabic maybe indian but im not sure. but I am sure its some type of bayonnet... I think LOL
    Buts definaly miltaryish looking.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I agree - looks like a WW1 bayonet fitted with a new handle.

4. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I'll second that. The curve of the handle gives a khurki like effect to the weapon. The sword like characteristics suggest that it came from around the 1800's.

5. zero

zero New Member

the blade looks to me like a scottish dirk but the handle if it's horn it must have come from africa since thats the only place I've seen that spiral shape but I could be wrong.
    hope that helps
    zero

6. Mr.88

Mr.88 New Member

thanks for the input, i will ask my gran this afternoon but i doubt she will remember, if i find out i will post again thanks :)