Organisations that provide support to people affected by violence

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Tom bayley, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

When teaching self defence it is good practice to provide information about support available for attendees who may have been affected by violence.

There may also be visitors to this site who could benefit from this information.

Is it permitted under the forum rules to post links to helpful organisations?

If yes ; could people post

• the name of the organisation,
    • the country and region that it is is based in
    • a brief (2 or 3 line) description of what the organisation does
    • a link

Mushroom, Mitch and Grond like this.
  2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

National Center for the Prosecution of Violence Against Women

National Center for the Prosecution of Violence Against Women

This is a US organization supported by a grant from the Center for Disease Control And Prevention (CDC) and is part of the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (| National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC)), which offers a huge range of victim services.

Description of the organization:

The National Center for the Prosecution of Violence Against Women (NCPVAW) exists to serve prosecutors, members of the prosecution team and other allied professionals as they strive to deliver justice to all survivors of domestic violence / dating violence, sexual violence, and stalking and to hold criminals accountable.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Please do go ahead and I'll sticky this thread.

Most of the SD courses I do occur within Universities or similar, and I signpost to associated support organisations for anyone who may need them.

Listing other resources can only help.

Mushroom likes this.
  4. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

BBC ACTION LINE.

A website with links to support and information in the Uk. The site lists a wide range of organisations that provide support in many areas including.

Bullying, Domestic abuse, Emotional distress, Support for people affected by crime, Mental health, Sexual abuse and violence

Action Line homepage | BBC Action line

axelb likes this.