Opening and closing hands at beginning

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by nefariusmdk, Jun 14, 2010.

1. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

So you basically want us to indulge in your game for your own egoist benefit? Will it make you feel better?
    ¬¬¬¬
    Sounds like much of the same from you.

Yes, absolute craziness!

No, I don’t think so.

I’m not British.

No, if you can’t explain yourself, provide evidence and back up what you say, then that is solely your problem and your fault.

Yes, I like games!

How do you know? You can’t even string a coherent argument together.

So, I guess what you are saying is that you can’t back up what you say so in turn you resort to insults. Like I said, much of the same from you. Somehow I am not surprised.

Maybe you should join the NF? You seem to share some similar views, plus, from what I have seen they also cant string a coherent argument together. I think you found your calling!

All in all, nice fail Jinkan. Don’t blame the audience, it’s all your own doing and fault.

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

that might be because we are unawares of what it is we are supposed to be getting.

Cheng has a form, this external movement isn't in there. Apart from this one report of the OP. What part of these set of facts are you not understanding ?

You don't know the person who put hand opening and closing x3 into that sequence. You don't know why or what intention they had specifically or what intrinsic element of the form they connected it too - assuming they had that in mind. Like the rest of us you can only really speculate about it. Suggestions have been made - qigong movement, kai-he, plucking ?

Now by all means make your speculation and tell us what you think it's all about, or whatever it is you know about it, because clearly it's not something others are familiar with. Heck your analysis may be spot on correct and completely brilliant. But untill you actually share your insight, there's absolutely nothing to discuss or for you to... well whatever the hell you imagine you're playing at. If it makes you feel better - you win. We are all stumped, and you can enlighten us.

We'll be waiting for your insight if and when you're ready to share it. Congratulations for making a storm in a teacup; attention whore much ?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

A physical act which doesn't exist is an intrinsic part of
    this motion.

Why do I say this?

If you don't understand you are hopeless.

This is Lowell Thomas saying so long until tomorrow.

And remember,tomorrow is yesterday.

B'dee,b'dee,b'dee,b'dee---That's All Folks!

Another Looneytunes Production.

4. whoflungdat

whoflungdat Valued Member

Hi the opening and closing of the Hands is a Qigong, which is used for Balancing out the energy. I teach it as I have been taught at the end of a class, because beginners only finish the form part way through. I can see why it would have practical usage at the beginning, to balance out the class before they start.
    It is not however part of the form..

The rolling of the feet (sorry rolling is probably not right) is shifting the weight from the ball of the foot to the the other ball, to the heel to the other heel in a circular motion, which activates the kidney 1 point and teaches the weight shifts in the form and helps with rooting during form practice.

hope this helps

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Hm, never heard of doing this. Sounds like it would be relaxing but never heard of it being used in a form.