one pinan

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by TheDudeAbides, Jun 8, 2015.

1. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Valued Member

Anyone have a good video link. I've been given most of one pinan by my instructor, just missing the return to salutation. The problem is I'm dyslexic and get stuck on sequencing. After the 2nd set of 3 punches I'm getting hung up on the next 180? Having a visual reference when I practice in my garage would be a big help. Heck even a diagram. I've got it written in my book but it's kinda hard to read it as I practice the form.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

Depending on what system/style of karate you are in, the pinan 1 might be different than some of the others.. I know that in one system the pinan starts with a movement to the left and then right, in the basic H pattern,. On the first of punches down the middle of one of the kenpo forms, the right hand is the last punch thrown and you do a 270 degree turn to your right. as you finish the bottom part of the H before you go back to the middle 3 punch set, the last punch of the set is on the left and your 270 degree turn is to your left where you finish up on the right side to close the set before coming back to center and closing the form..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  3. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

Depending on what system/style of karate you are in, the pinan 1 might be different than some of the others.. I know that in one system the pinan starts with a movement to the left and then right, in the basic H pattern,. On the first of punches down the middle of one of the kenpo forms, the right hand is the last punch thrown and you do a 270 degree turn to your right. as you finish the bottom part of the H before you go back to the middle 3 punch set, the last punch of the set is on the left and your 270 degree turn is to your left where you finish up on the right side to close the set before coming back to center and closing the form..

4. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Valued Member

I forgot I posted this. I was able to get into the dojo and ask about it. I am golden. I'm not smooth at it yet but in about 970 more repetitions Ill get there. Another 9k passed that and I'll glide.