Once at my dojo a man from the police station...

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by LesliesFighter, May 31, 2004.

1. LesliesFighter

LesliesFighter New Member

he taught the women how to use things around them for weapons. He showed the girls how to spray hairspray from their purse into the eyes of attackers and how to rake the eyes using a comb from their purse. Even how to use things like lip liner pencils as things to poke the eyes of attackers with. It was very intresting but i dont know much more from that day.

2. Tika

Tika New Member

Funny, I guess those of us that dont carry an arsenal of beauty supplies around with us are just in big trouble then huh? :D

3. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

there have been things like that at my dojo sometimes, not specificly for women, umbrellas seem to be generally held in high regard allong with stilettos, although admittedly most of the guys don't wear them.

4. Stealth

Stealth New Member

That is cool, but aren't most of those common sense? I guess he was trying to teach that if you temporarily blind someone, you can run away? That is a good self-defense.

5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Is this where we're supposed to tell you you don't need them? :p

6. Tika

Tika New Member

Dont need them for fighting or for beauty? :D I dont use them for either. Even if I did need them for beauty purposes I wouldn't use them :p, Im a makeup moron.

7. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

yea, I don't wear makup either

8. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

So, does this explain why girls in horror and slasher flicks always run upstairs? They are after their arsenal of over the counter beauty products? And what about you British chicks out there? You can't carry weapons, right? Does that mean you are no longer allowed to carry eyelash curlers on your person? There are so many legal ramifications we have to think about.... :rolleyes: :D

9. Amaranth

Amaranth Immortal Blossom

Gives me a whole new respect for the Mary Kay lady... : :Angel:

10. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

There is a lot of joking in this thread, but I'd like to point out that the original post is a good one! There is nothing worse than hearing about girls being raped when they have a "world of weapons" with them.

The same thing apply to guys though. Someone jump you with a knife? Pull off your belt (with a heavy buckle) and voila, you've got a nice weapon, or grab your keychain and rake him with it. Grab a bottle from the bar, break off the bottom and you've got a "dagger". Throw your newspaper in his face. Spit. Point behind him (you'd be amazed how many people fall for this trick!) or anything else. Your number one priority is to distract the opponent so you can run!

11. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

I remember we were in high school and they were making a big deal about what we could and couldnt bring and they outlawed nail cutters and stuff and most people where thinking: "I could kill someone with a pencil, are you going to outlaw that too??" Probably not related just thought it was funny...

12. ClubbellTrainer

ClubbellTrainer Fitness Coach

You can pretty much use anything as a weapon. The problem is not the availability of improvised weapons. Focusing training on using improvised weapons completely ignores the more fundamental and immediate danger: panic.

Effective training would focus on addressing the panic state directly, so that potential victims would be less prone to freeze and more prone to act. Statistics show that most women that resist escape the situation with minimal damage.

13. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

I have attended seminars that have advocated the use of "general weapons". But you have to remember, that any weapon you use could end up being used against you.

I have no beauty hang ups but do carry body spray - my care work can be quite hard work at times and it would do the trick if I had the opportunity to get out the old handbag :)