Olympic Discussion

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by booksie_girl, Aug 15, 2004.

1. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Neyro and I seem to have taken the Opening ceremony discussion completely off topic, so I thought I'd start a thread here. This is where you can discuss anything Olympic related, and get into friendly debates about who's going to win what (Aussies for the mens 4x100m freestyle!!!!).

This just continues on, so
    I am :D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

great idea booksie_girl. I wanted to do the same thing :)

everyone who wants to see the current medals table CLICK HERE

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

For some reason the picture was down during the boxing :(

Then, even the sound went out. =/

PL

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Is it disrespectful not to sing your National Anthem when you have just received a Gold Medal?

5. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

USA lost

Would you believe that USA lost in basketball?

Puerto Rico : USA --- 92 : 73

USA was so bad that I couldn't believe my own eyes. I guess this team does not deserve to be called Dream Team, unlike the one in Barcelona that played like heaven.

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

booksie_girl, your Australian swimmers did not do that well in 4 x 100m.

1. South Africa (fantastic performance)
    2. Netherlands
    3. USA
    4. Russia
    5. Italy
    6. Australia

7. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Canada is doing pretty poorly :(

We only invest like 16 million in our athletes, while the Australians invest like 60 million. I guess we deserve what is coming.

8. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

I pity all the non-Korean nations when the TKD events start :D

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

don't underestimate the Croatian girls!

10. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

We won aour first match against Australia (basketball) . It was a tough game with lots of mistakes.

11. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

I thought I read that each nation was limited to at MOST four slots for the TKD events. Since there are a total of eight divisions (4 diff. weight brackets x male/female), there should be plenty of medals to go around.

12. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

A Greek guy won the gold metal at sidney against a corean guy in the final. (i think he was at 70ish kilos)

13. budogirl

budogirl Armed and fabulous!

I watched most of the women's cycle road race today - it was excellent. Aussies won gold (great tactics), Germany took Silver and Russia took Bronze. GB came 5th! Very good race. :D Only saw a little bit of Judo but you can't have everything :D

14. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

:cry:

The South Africans blew everyone away. Quite a change for Aus since 2000's WR.... *sob sob*

15. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

200m freestyle men finals

amazing, truly amazing. Thorpe won (set a new Olympic record) and I saw it coming, but I thought that Phelps would be 2nd,; he ended 3rd instead. 2nd was Hoogenband who was leading from the very beginning. Thorpe was following him but with no difficulty whatsoever; really beautiful, and started leading in the last 40m. Phelps unfortunately couldn't follow the rhythm and his speech about winning all gold medals...well...he can forgoten about them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  16. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Thorpe almost lost his 400m freeestyle :eek: . But he held on to edge out his countryman by microseconds.

Hey when is the female gymnastics? I absolutely must know!! Nothing more fun than seeing firm conditioned females flipping around and doing splits :D .
    So tell me when. When??

When is the TKD by the way?

17. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

Gymnastics has already started. TKD fights will take place 26. - 29.8. There are several threads with the TV schedule, so feel free to use the search button to find them :D

18. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

he got it all under control, don't worry! [​IMG]

19. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Anyone see that kid in the weightlifting?!? Holy crap, he was amazing! 16 and 7 months old and lifting 140kg in clean and jerk :eek:

20. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I'm grateful to have access to a Canadian channel in my cable package -- I get to see some sports that don't seem to be getting much coverage on the US channels, like synchronized diving, rhythmic gymnastics, shooting, fencing, to name a few. And they have long periods of coverage with no commercials! The fact that the commentary is in French and I can't understand it, doesn't bother me!