Olympic Boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by binski20, Aug 15, 2004.

1. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Oh and I'd like to add...GO ANDRE DURRELL!!! :D

2. Big John

Big John New Member

Hi All,

I've been enjoying the boxing. I agree there are varying standards from various nations but isn't that what the Olympics is all about: the best representatives from the world's nations pitting their wits against their opponents for the glory of the gold?

Not that I'm biased or anything, but Amir Khan is showing all of the skills and maturity of a young Prince Naseem (without the hype, but then it is early doors). I heard Frank Warren on the radio saying he would be interested in signing him up if he decides to go pro. I have mixed feelings on this - but a great opportunity for a 17 year old if he has the right support. I just hope Amir takes the gold - but then I would, wouldn't I?

All the best.

John

3. BangkokBabay

BangkokBabay New Member

I am a huge boxing fan, so I watched it quite a bit. :rolleyes: I really enjoyed it, of course some bouts are better then others :woo: and they can be more exciting. It's the Olympics and these guys worked so hard to get there! So they need all the support they can get! :Angel:

4. BangkokBabay

BangkokBabay New Member

Yeah Thailand!

I watched Boonjumnoog go a couple of different times! :woo: I was so happy to see Thailand win! :love:

5. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Enjoyed the Boxing a lot...