Old footage of Mifune Sensei Randori.

Discussion in 'Judo' started by Dan93, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thought I would share this.

Just come across this old footage of Mifune Sensei in randori with his high level students.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63xMDIy3Xic"]Amazing OLD JUDO Throw Defense Mifune accepts challenges from high level students! - YouTube[/ame]

Some amazing counter throws and how he effortlessly just moves his weight around their throws. It looked like some of his students were really driving for the throws as well.

Wish I was training rather than OT at work watching this!!

Cheers

Dan93

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Oh...my...god...

How is he doing that?!?! That's amazing. Really.

3. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

What he's showing is something extremely tricky and high-level, but his students are cooperating, not fighting him. Titling that video as a "challenge" is disingenuous-bordering-on-idiotic.

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Agreed that touting the video as a " Challenge" is idiotic (like most comments on Youtube TBH) but I was concentrating on Mifune Sensei not the uploaders comments. Its not full out randori but you can see that it has a level of resistance and free play and his students are driving through.

Inspirational to see him in action.

Cheers

Dan93

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Jesus. Him playing around is probably 500% better than my best randori.

6. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

True enough, but I don't think I've ever seen anybody move like that when they're going to be thrown. That's what impressed me. A lot.

7. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

I posted his newazza vid a few weeks back and it seemed to me that his subs worked!

Sure some of the students could have made things harder for him but on the other hand he could have seriously hurt some of them as well.

Mifune sensei was nicknamed the ''God of Judo''!

LFD

8. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Yeah I shared this one earlier with my sensei. I like how they cannot throw him. I am also impressed by the fact that he body slams the big guy without even seeming to do any lifting at all. that man had some uber skills.