old club - new club Some pics of the new place (56K warning)

Discussion in 'Karate' started by chrispy, Mar 14, 2006.

1. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

So as I had mentioned in my return post a few weeks ago my club moved from a basement of a stripmall gym back room where the only really good thing about the club was the people, to a old highschool gym. Here are some pics...

[​IMG]

So there is the entire length of the old club, it was a pretty decent size, but as you can see low cielings and such.

[​IMG]

This one shows the low ceiling a little more... my first grading the guy all in white there - Pete threw me high enough on a hip throw that my feet nearly brushed the ceiling - littel did i know at the time he has a brown belt in judo!

[​IMG]

The NEW club and it's me ad Pete starring again, as you can see the grey mats made the trip, the Aiki Jujitsu club that owns them moved with us. Nice High ceilings now too.

[​IMG]

Here we are getting ready to spar, the floor on this part is puzzle mat stuff like for kids play rooms, it's AWESOME for doing karate on, Sensei cleaned out 3 home depots to get enough for the place!! each ring is 7'x7' plus the 1foot wide yellow border and then a little extra room on all sides as well. For the tourny coming on the 25th sensei put the other colour in the middle ring there, 1 square for the fighters spot and the grey for the head ref.

[​IMG]

Pete goes down, I caught him more by surprise than too hard though, he was fine.. there is a heavy bag haning there as you can see, and the wave masters a couple pics up and of cours the chairs for the parents to sit and watch the kids and all.

But here is maybe the biggest change that I didn't even notice untill I looked at these new pics from today...

[​IMG]
    Me March 12 2005---March 13 2006

25 pounds or so makes a big difference!

Anyway there's my new club.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  2. gornex

gornex Valued Member

wow, looks cool. Your old place didn't look that bad, except for the low celings. The new one looks really good though. I hope you have fun at your new location.

3. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

Thanks, yeah the ceiling was a bit of a pain, especially when trying to do stuff with Bo's everytime someone would take a divot out of the ceiling panels. The club there was fine though, it was the rest of the gym that was a mess moreso the people running it than the actual building though, so when the opportunity came up to move to the new place Sensei jumped at it.

4. TheWaterMargins

TheWaterMargins Valued Member

Well done with the weight mate ..... always a bonus when you see a before and after pic of yourself .....