Official MAP Meet 2012

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Late for dinner, Apr 1, 2012.

?

Are you coming along to the 2012 MAP Meet?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2012.
  1. Yes definately

63.2%
  2. Unsure at this stage

31.6%
  3. I am coming and bringing a friend

5.3%
  1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

*shudders at the thought of "Big" Steve doing Mike's bicep/tricep grab and face-bar techniques on me*

2. Sampsi

Sampsi Valued Member

Finally back to a computer.

Had amazing fun and everyone there was a good laugh. All the teaching was great and to a high standard, so a big thank you to all the chaps on that front.

Also the fact that Mitch didn't have time to change out of his mankini before we went for a drink afterwards has left what I could only describe as a lasting impression.

Can't wait for the next meet!

3. Andy1973

Andy1973 New Member

Simon thanks for letting me know about the day. I had a good time and it was nice to meet a great bunch of people. I would also like to say thanks to the instructors who gave up their time and for what I came away with and to Mitch for sorting out the venue. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one where ever and whenever it is.

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Thanks Andy, your help during our lesson was appreciated and not just by me.

5. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

Seconded! Both Simon and Andy coped with my stunning ineptitude with patience and aplomb (and thank you Simon for not making me suffer as I so richly deserved when I got carried away in the last session - wasn't expecting that technique to be quite so effective!). In fact, big thank you to everyone - I learned a lot and am now trying desperately not to forget it all!!!

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yeah I might do a write up.
    Just to give a flavour of what I did as well as an aid to remember things.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

But then again I did get a pet portrait commission as I was stood in the beer garden after the session so I might be too busy.
    Someone else can though. :)

8. Simon

I still have a hurty forearm.

Told you I was a delicate flower.:cry:

9. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

I didn't pick up any bruises from MAP Meet (although my upper arms were a bit stiff), but I have an interesting collection I picked up from two classes on Tuesday (mostly jiyu kumite). Ah well - no pain, no gain......... :D

10. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

No bruises here. ANy contact I had with Mitch in your class was very gentle and LFD's wrestling class was carefully pitched to those less familiar with his methods.

11. Simon

I bet it was you that did it, you and Mike.

Bullies.:eek:

12. Simon

Alright, so I'm a big girl's blouse.

Anyone else want to have a go? :eek:

:cry::cry::cry:

13. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

:whistle:

I keep telling my son I'm a delicate flower. At 3 years old he just looks at me with a deadpan expression and says "No you're not!". That's me told.

Mike

14. grappling_dummy

grappling_dummy New Member

i dont get online very much, just wanna say huge thank you to everybody who gave up there time. very friendly group of people who are a credit to this forum. nice to meet some of you

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

DAAAAAMMMMNNNN. Turns out I picked up a speeding fine coming into Nottingham for the MAP meet.
    37 in a 30 zone somewhere.
    I had no idea.
    Shall we have a whip-round? :(

16. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

EEEKKKK!!!! I'd better vet the post before my other half finds something similar waiting for me......... :jawdrop::eek::cry:

17. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

The Sherrif of Nottingham strikes again ......:woo:

18. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Are you sure it wasn't on the way home? Perhaps when you sped away from the lights leaving Lorelei and me stranded? (Not that I hold a grudge, or anything!)

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hahah...do you need a pint glass for that bitter?
    It was at 11:20-ish. On that main road into Nottingham where it goes 60-40-30 in the space of about half a mile.

20. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Well if you're buying I will!

Unlucky. Sometimes you've got to be really careful. I used to drive to work along a stretch of the A4 where it suddenly went from 60 to 30 with no prior warning whatsoever. A masterpiece of bad planning.