Obtuse Kicks

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by deathbloom, Aug 16, 2005.

1. deathbloom

deathbloom New Member

Nope sorry guys not a high push kick. Ok i'll try explaining it again here goes: You know the stretch where you sit down, extend one leg then tuck the other in? well the tucked leg is the same action as the obtuse kick, then it's just a matter of pushing it out from your body. It's a really unorthodox kick (obviously) and often your opponent has no idea what you're doing when you throw one out.

2. Ah - I see :)

Yes, they are good. I use them a lot too.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

yeah but people basically know what the heck front means. With the word 'obtuse'... your bound to get just what this thread got.. lots of questions as to what the heck 'obtuse' was.

That only makes the point of describing a kick as 'obtuse' superfluous in the first place. :D

Your happy.. I'm happy. :)

4. Who actually asked what obtuse meant? Everyone basically asked what an obtuse kick is. The two are different. If someone asks what a roundkick is it doesn't mean they don't know what the word round means.

Which was a large part of the reason why I asked what he was talking about :)

Good :)

5. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

so whats an obtuse kick then?

6. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

if it's kicking with the top of the foot, we call that an "inside round kick." Just another point of view :D

7. deathbloom

deathbloom New Member

I give up.

8. slipthejab

Everyone asked what an obtuse kick was because using the word obtuse to describe it did little to give the people an idea of what kind of kick it was... so describing the word obtuse may have been helpful. Especially for those thinking that it was a kick related to botany. :D

Much in the same way that a round kick is often mistaken for a kick with some relation to a cut of beef from the part of the thigh between the rump and the shank. :D

9. JSun

JSun Valued Member

I'm thinking that what is being described is called Ahn Koom Dohl Li Ki in Korean, or the turn inside heel kick. So does this particular kick being discussed emanate from the rear leg when one is in a guarding stance? If so, I think it's the same kick that exists in the Kuk Sool technique sohn mohk soo 8.

10. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

This is a stupid topic!

dont even try that line " you dont like it dotn read it" as how am i gonna know if a topic is good or crap until i DO read it!

I want a proper explanation on what an obtuse kick is
    If it exists and is not a figment of someones imagination.

The rest of you are cool all the same (apart from the wierdo who ahd a wet dream that involved an obtuse kick)

11. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Sounds like it's either a Twist Kick or (more likely) a Mantis Kick, depending on the teminology deathbloom has listed. They're nasty suckers.

And "obtuse kick" only helps in making the kick utterly incomprensible! Who came up with that name?!?

12. slipthejab

BWHAAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!

That's hilarious! :D