nukite

Discussion in 'Karate' started by shotokanwarrior, Mar 22, 2004.

1. ubermint

ubermint Banned Banned

Wonderful theory you have there.

Ok...trying that...oh god CHOKING CHOKING THE GROIN KICK NOT WORKING BEING DRIVEN INTO WALL HERE HAUGLAGLAGLARFGURGLEGurglecough...

While we're waiting for the smelling salts, let's analyze what went wrong there. I appear to have relied on pain and distraction based technique to combat the immortal choking technique of bob sapp, who cracked a smile for the cameras when my flailing legs connecting with his groin failed to effect him. Maybe i'll try it in a smoke filled alley. Ippon Nukite is well known to work there.

But in the world outside of a music video in the 1980s, I probably won't be trying that again.
    Things like ippon nukite are the reason karate is made fun of.

2. Tommy_P

Tommy_P New Member

Obviously you only want to see everything as an end all technique so you look past simple explanations that are "not" meant to support effectiveness of nukite for thwarting attacks or being a self defense maneuver in itself, but are meant only to explain what else it could be used for.

Obviously you can kick someone in the nuts to get them off of you but I can also laugh at your groin kick and put a bullet in your head, don't go to the my weapon is bigger or better argument it doesn't impress me.
    If you went back to the beginning of this thread you would see where I agree that nukite is worthless "for what most people accept as applications" such as solarplex strikes or (for sure) finishing blows :rolleyes:.

However, and this is all I was saying, is that possibly people are just misreading the technique. It works better as a set up for certain things "in certain situations" (read that carefully, that doesn't mean it will stop an ******* trying to stick an ice pick in your head before he rapes your wife).
    It only means that the common applications IMO are not what the technique was meant for. If someone has me by the throat and I can get my knee to his boys then by all means I will, but sometimes things miss or situations aren't right or whatever, the throat or eye push work fine in those cases now possibly allowing an opening for the groin kick.

To be honest, while groing kicks are good, an opponent will get over it. Hopefully he won't get over it in time to regroup and re-attack. I'd much rather get my finger deep in his eye, if he can't see me I feel safer :D

We could go on all day about what happens in the street :rolleyes: But personally I don't get into arguments with people who argue safely from behind a screen in the comfort of their cozy homes ;) You could be a 12 year old for all I know and for that matter I could be full of beep also. It seems to me the net is full of people "who know". Well, maybe I don't know, but what I do know is where I came from, I know I lived in the streets, saw more than half my friends killed there, been stabbed a few times, shot at and had enough fights, bar room brawls in biker bars and typical south Bronx BS that I know first hand what works and don't.
    That said, after some 30 years of karate my first technique is still a baseball bat against the side of your head.

And just a note about what kind of time you have to react in the street, whether it be for that eye poke wrist lock groin kick or whatever the best of luck to ya! Chances are you'll be in a fight and possibly already wobbled or down befor you even knew you were getting into a fight!!!

Tommy

Please do not swear, even if it is filtered - Gaskell

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2005